Poll: Good Buy???
Poll Options
View poll results: Good Buy???
Yes
8 73%
No
3 27%
Voters: 11.
Ive been looking for a new amp, and I found a Crate Power Block and a 1 X 12 Cab with an Eminence speaker. I like this because its a half stack (almost), its not overkill for my room, and it has an FX loop and 1 channel (Im a Whor* for my Metal Master.)
Do you think its a good buy???
Epiphone Custom 1966 SG w/EMG 85(B)
Epiphone Les Paul
Peavey Valveking
Boss SD-1 Overdrive; NS-2
Fender Tuner
Last edited by synester_gates at May 22, 2006,
The Powerblock is 150 watts. That's overkill for your room, isn't it? Also, what speaker are you looking at that can handle 150 watts? I think a tube combo would do better.
NO TUBE!!! I dont want one cuz it cost too much for not enough watts, and I dont want to replace the tubes. It handles 100 wats, but im not playing it full volume
Epiphone Custom 1966 SG w/EMG 85(B)
Epiphone Les Paul
Peavey Valveking
Boss SD-1 Overdrive; NS-2
Fender Tuner
Get 2 1x12 cabs and run it in sterio.
RIP SYD
Member #6 of the "SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4lifeSZ to join.
You don't want tubes because they don't have enough watts for the money?

What the hells so good about high wattage, then?

Not all that much, after a certain point, but more powerful amps have more headroom. A 100W amp will sound far better than a 10W amp at the same volume because it can handle the power better, and produce a more musical output. It?s kind of like a Ferrari and a Ford, both can do 70mph, but the Ferrari can do it better

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149114

A tube amp will also be loud enough. It's still a 1x12 pushing it. Plus, there'll be ample head room for you. No need to worry.

The crate powerblock is not going to match up to a good old tube amp. You wont have to replace the tubes in it if you're just doing bedroom practice for a while. +Metal Master belongs infront of the amp IMO.

You won't blow your speaker, but don't play at 10/10