Hey, im in need of a fairly good distortion pedal for my gear. I'm looking for something that can do some HEAVY stuff, around $40 to $50 that comes with an a/c outlet. I dont like using batteries since im not gigging or anything. Please give me any recommendations.
My Gear:

2006 Ibanez RG321MH (Swineshead Custom A.M.P. neck & Warthog bridge)
Roland Cube 30
Digitech RP-50
Koss Headphones

Swineshead Runaway Neck
1984 Peavey Mystic
Crate GX15 (overdrive channel is blown)
Danelectro pedals. Or a Boss DS-1, but they suck.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
forget the DS-1 man, they're a great pedal but can have a low power output when you've the amp cranked.

i'd say go with an Ibanez tubescreamer, the TS-9 or TS-10
i dont use much bass because my new neck pup has more bass than my bridge which makes it sound too bassy for the neck pup if the bass is up. And The amp does give off some distortion, but its not really enough. Since the pups went in it seems to lack drive for some reason, Could the pup wires be a lil loose??? or would there be nothing coming out if they were loose? It could be that my neck pup is too high, its pretty close to the strings, Like 2 mm further than the bridge or so. How high should the neck pup be in this case?

and as for the pedal, it doesnt have to be the best or anything, just something that has a a/c adapter with plenty gain for some hardcore ****. Around 40 bucks or so
My Gear:

2006 Ibanez RG321MH (Swineshead Custom A.M.P. neck & Warthog bridge)
Roland Cube 30
Digitech RP-50
Koss Headphones

Swineshead Runaway Neck
1984 Peavey Mystic
Crate GX15 (overdrive channel is blown)
Last edited by diddy50 at May 25, 2006,
dont own it, but tested it in GC when i bought my new strap today... and it is awesome(the ds-1) if i had had more money with me, i would have bought it, im going to order it soon... nice pedal...