hello, i just found that my guitar has a very small problem but it's very very annoying. it's probably the bridge's problem so the strings cant be set perfectly. if you look at the guitra vertically 90 degree, you can see that the high E string is very close to the right edge of the neck but the low E string is simply further away from the left edge of the neck. what can i do there to fix it?
Well, first thing is first. What kind of guitar are we talking here?

Secondly, PICTURES PLEASE ;-)
-Epiphone Riviera w/ Bigsby and Gibson 490r/498t combo
-Epiphone Es-333 Delonge Edition
-Fender Twin Reverb '65
If it's a bolt on neck, it may just need to be shimmed and aligned properly
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I think i know what you mean ...Generally, factory setups are all like that, the high e string is much closer to the fretboard, and the low E string is further. The reason why they did this, is they want to achieve low action with minimal fretbuzz, thats y they're all set up like that. I personally like the low E string higher a bit and the low e string the lowest with no buzz.

Another reason why they do this is, they do not want all the strings to be level at the same level. This will make your picking technique get stuck a lot of times because all the strings are leveled the same, and you finger cant really differenciate between them all. If its set individually with gradual height, increasing towards the low E string, then your picking technique wont get stuck as much.

Maybe 1 more possible reason is, your hand is prone to be slanted while picking in downward motion like this " / " , so no matter how you sweep an arpeggio, or upstroke, downstroke, thats the motion. The factory setup tends to mimic the motion.

If you dont like it, you can change your action to your likings. Anyways, hope thats what you're asking and hope the answers help too.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at May 23, 2006,
Quote by madpickin03
I think i know what you mean ...Generally, factory setups are all like that, the high e string is much closer to the fretboard, and the low E string is further. The reason why they did this, is they want to achieve low action with minimal fretbuzz, thats y they're all set up like that. I personally like the low E string higher a bit and the low e string the lowest with no buzz.

I think he means not string height but, looking down at the neck, how far the low and high E strings are from the edges of the neck.
Are you talking about a Parker?

If so, I think that's just they way they have them set up from the factory. I have
to be careful with the high E on mine. It's one of the things I'm not too crazy about
Parkers.

As far as changing it. That's something I'd have a tech do if its possible. Probably
it would involve moving the nut and I don't know what else.