Page 1 of 6
To me austalia looks like the least obvious metal country in the world, i mean you have nice woman, nice weather, diverse country bla bla bla.

Some country's i can understand;

Poland, with its poverty and pretty grim weather

Scandinavia, 5? beer, freezing your balls off half of the time

But in all that grimness still australia manages to have a steady foot in the metal scene, you guys even have a metal sub gerne.

There must be something that i am missing
Those crazy Aussies...

Edit: I must admit, I've been getting into The Berzerker lately...
roar
Last edited by Slayer224 at May 23, 2006,
We pwn everything. Trust me.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
Australia a metal country? I can't even think of any Aussie metal bands that I listen to...and I am an Aussie.
What Aussie metal bands do you recommend?
"The Eternal" are awesome ridiculously heavy..... Saw them with Opeth, "Butterfly Effect" are also preety awesome
Quote by the narrows
Australia a metal country? I can't even think of any Aussie metal bands that I listen to...and I am an Aussie.

Obviously you are the greatest noob to have existed then.

Listen to Astriaal and save your soul and then look on Metal Archives for War Metal.
Because theres predominantly white people living in Australia. I hate everything in the charts at the moment. All crap rock music. I think theres a competition in Australia for which Tv station can play 'Forever Young' the most amount of times. I HATE THAT SONG!! You guys need a taste of NZ Music. Thats where its at.
::::Soul Prospect::::
♪♫♫♫♪
Yeah metal is minimal here...there's still a scene but like pretty much every country there's at least a small scene of it. Pop, Rap and Emo dominate the music scene here.
Quote by Reverb X
Because theres predominantly white people living in Australia. I hate everything in the charts at the moment. All crap rock music. I think theres a competition in Australia for which Tv station can play 'Forever Young' the most amount of times. I HATE THAT SONG!! You guys need a taste of NZ Music. Thats where its at.

listen 2 triple J....
Nazxul
Rev. Kriss Hades
Pestilential Shadows
Bludgeoner
Transcending Mortality
Mortal Sin
Dungeon
Lord
Forn Valdyrheim
****...I'm Dead
Portal
Bestial Warlust

And of course the mighty Destroyer 666

That's just scratching the surface but you should give them a try.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes Chuck Norris to laugh at him.

Chuck Norris lost his virginity before his Dad did.
we are metal because our firstpopular bands was ac dc. we've had 30 years to get more metal. its working
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
yeah, Australia has a small Metal Scene i reckon. We do have alot of grand bands from here, but overall, its majority RnB, Hip-hop and Rap, i have to travel 1.5 hours to find a store that sells metal music!! (Utopia Records - damn i love this place!!!) I wish we did have a bigger metal scene, but unfortunately we dont.

(but then again, for those aussies that think i am wrong, i probably am, cause i have to say, i dont know many Aussie metal bands, even though black majesty is wicked!!!, but yeah give me some shoutouts for bands, im more into melo-death and power metal!! cheers)
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......?
....\__________.?
Last edited by GuitarSacrifice at May 23, 2006,
Quote by greety
Obviously you are the greatest noob to have existed then.

Listen to Astriaal and save your soul and then look on Metal Archives for War Metal.

Well not really, metal is big over here, but there isnt much big aussie metal bands, its mostly just hardcore bands. I listen to FMR every week and they don't play much Aussie metal either.

Quote by sheumack111
"The Eternal" are awesome ridiculously heavy..... Saw them with Opeth, "Butterfly Effect" are also preety awesome

I like Butterfly Effect but I wouldn't really call them Metal.
Quote by heretic_boy
Forn Valdyrheim

gay and have aids.
alchemist
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by greety
gay and have aids.

Not as much as Canberra

yeah Alchemist are pretty sweet, i am hoping to see em live soon, if they are still playing.

Yeah you tell him heretic_boy ....... SYDNEY PRIDE! (and boy is NSW going to win tomoz in state of origin!!!!)
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
....\__________.?
Last edited by GuitarSacrifice at May 23, 2006,
Quote by the narrows
I listen to FMR every week and they don't play much Aussie metal either.
I like Butterfly Effect but I wouldn't really call them Metal.

FMR doesn't play much metal in general.

And Butterfly Effect are gay and nu-metal.

Quote by heretic_boy
Not as much as Canberra

I hope you know that the next big concert in sydney that I come too, I'm going to stab you, Auggie.

Just a quick knife in the side as we headbang.
Quote by sheumack111

The Eternal are a fucking disgrace to the Australian metal scene and are most certainly not heavy. That performance at Opeth was one of the shittest things I've experienced in my life.

That being said, yes, we do have some bands capable of massive ownage. Just a few to name: Psycroptic, The Berzerker, Black Majesty, Pathogen, Alchemist, Destroyer 666..........
Quote by Reverb X

8 Foot Sativa is awesome NZ band.

And your defintly right about the "Forever Young" song, its ridiculous the amount they play it.
As Dwain said a while back, the Aussie metal scene is so great because we are isolated so we've had a ****load of time to create our own style/sound.

Quote by Reverb X
Well all metal is **** to me.

Are you just asking for a ban?
i agree. butterfly effect are indeed gay and nu metal.
apparently theres this really cool tech/death metal band in tasmania.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Isolation does many things. Sad-Ex even came before the Norse BM movement. The RAC bands here are up on a world pedastool aswell.
Shadilay.
Really cool yet extremely overrated.

EDIT: This is to Joel_Grieve's comment.

theres a **** load of metalcore bands in australia....buts lets just ignore that
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by morbid_death
Isolation does many things. Sad-Ex even came before the Norse BM movement. The RAC bands here are up on a world pedastool aswell.

Is there any way I can hear some Carbon material off the internet?

Theres a few good DM bands coming out of Canberra recently. We seem to be a hotspot for punk/hardcore though.
Quote by the narrows

You're obviously not a metal fan.

This country is seeping with quality.
Shadilay.
Quote by greety
FMR doesn't play much metal in general.

How do you find out about all the Aussie metal bands? I haven't heard of many that you have.
i read magazines, use the interenet to search aussie bands.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by heretic_boy
Is there any way I can hear some Carbon material off the internet?

I'm pretty sure some is floating around somewhere. MK isn't really an internet warrior and hasn't put anything online himself...but I'm sure someone has!
Shadilay.
Quote by morbid_death
You're obviously not a metal fan.

This country is seeping with quality.

I am a metal fan, but I'm a fan of most music not just the one genre.
Quote by the narrows
How do you find out about all the Aussie metal bands? I haven't heard of many that you have.

Fellating Dwain.

Quote by morbid_death
I'm pretty sure some is floating around somewhere. MK isn't really an internet warrior and hasn't put anything online himself...but I'm sure someone has!

Dude what was that site you sent me too? I was looking for more stuff. Was it Grenade?
Quote by morbid_death

INTERNET WARRIOR!!!!

How is Call of Duty these days?

Morbid, whats some good Aussie bands man?? i have to say im a noob when it comes to metal coming from our own country.

Im only familiar with alchemist, black majesty, daysend (if you call em metal) and a few others i cant think of right now
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
....\__________.?
Quote by Reverb X
You guys need a taste of NZ Music. Thats where its at.

NZ music?

Lol, you'll be raped in the ass with hip hop and pop and all that sh*t...

The metal scene here is so small. There are very few decent bands and all we get here is Disturbed....
roar
Theres a rec thread guys.

And answer my question Dwain, you big girls blouse. I want to get some more stuff.

Was it Grenade?