Hi guys... can someone tell me which to choose... i have two major offers... new ltd ec-400at (les paul type guitar) for 750E and one fellow has offered me ~93' Tokai love rock for special 650E price... can someone help me on that? which might be better without touching them, are tokais really that good?
got links for the tokai. what amp do you have? what music do you play? and just for the sake of it i would say take the ltd over the tokai
music is thrash/metal (metallica, offspring types), amp - no yet, going to buy something but starting with a guitar... i think i'll change pickups to emgs whatever it's going to be, so what i choose is the body...
Well, the pickups on those aren't really geared for metal (The LTD has dual '59s and the Tokai has 498/490 copies), so it's all down to the feel.

Wait, the LTD has a TonePros bridge, locking tuners and an earvana nut, doesn't it? Get that.
ltd:
? GROVER TUNERS
? EARVANA COMPENSATED NUT
? TUNE-O-MATIC BRIDGE W/STOP TAILPIECE

so i guess i should stick to ltd, arn't i?;]
I thought the ec400at has a jb on the bridge, also the Tokais i heard are all made in Japan, so it would be higher quality i assume
Horhay Garbahosah

"Take a Minute and take a sniff at your feet............................ now your fingers...................................... now........ inside your fingernails ........................... Which smells worse???
I'm kinda partial to this one.

Last edited by kinkstrat at Apr 27, 2007,
Tokai = Most ignored manufacturer ever.

They're freaking amazing guitars, get one if you value quality over name.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay