Page 1 of 2
Whats is a better buy a Jackson RR3 Rhoads or a Epiphone Zakk Wylde Bullseye?
i can get the rhoads for 950
and the zakk for 1900
and id probably put emg 81/85s in whatever one i bought
Both are great guitars.
but choose the one who got the best neck, and how much you like them.
i like both guitars. but if you only have played for a few months then a i recommend rr3 rhoads. cuz the bullseye is so much more expansiver.
but the bullseye have a great neck.
woah!! where are you located?

Can I take a wild guess and say Australia? I'd go for the Jackson. Why? Zakk Wylde guitar is overpriced, and basically, for that price, you'll get lots more. The EMG HZ's in there is not for everyone (I personally don't mind them at all). If you're gonna drop 81/85 in it, go with the RR3 anyway.
ive been playing for 6 or 7 years and dont plan to stop either,you rekon the Zakk the way to go coz i no a guy wid one n it plays awsome n sounds awsome
i have a esp f-250 made last year and it has the hz in it and i love them but id use the Zakk/Rhoads for stage an recodring thats why id throw the 81/85s in it and i can get a good deal on them to
You haven't been playing for six years and we all know it.

If you had, you'd be at least six, and therefore could spell.

Anyway, the Rhoads pwns the Zakk, it's just a better guitar.
If you read my post carefully, I said not to the ZW guitar. As flashy as it is, you'd be better of gettin a Epi LP Custom + 81/85

You stil haven't answered my question of where you are located
You can get the ZW for $1300 if you bargain.

Stay with the RR3, I can't find it in Melbourne for that price.

FREO or Westcoast ?

I go for freo
the RR3 im getting from concept music for 950 cash but i have to wait two motnhs because jackson are making the dam thing with seymore duncun pick-ups so all the new RR3s are going to sound better so they say,i can give you the number and they could post one out to you for that price i think,btw i go for freo
Last edited by red_spider at May 23, 2006,
thanks but no thanks. Au$995 is going to buy you an EPI LP goldtop, a Prs Se EG, PRS SE santana, PRS SE bbilly martin, G&L Tribute Legacy... just to name a few
ill spend up to AU$2000 on the gutiar and i can get a set of EMG 81/85 Humbuckers installed for AU$350
up to AU$2000? Look into Epiphone Elitists if you're mad keen for an LP shape. You could get one for about ~AU$1700. EMGs would go well in there, provided you've got a decent amp/decent distortion pedal.
**** that ****. what music do you play? what amp do you have? and what other gear do you own?

edit: if your that keen on going for an lp shape take a look at the ltd deluxe models ec-1000 w/seymour duncans
i play all times of music for school and things like exams and tests and things but i personally play different types of metal,blues and the older rock.
atm i run a ltd.f-250 through a digitech df-7 then a ibanez wd-7 and then through a rp-50 and finally into a randall 75watt g2,at gigs i use bigger amps like marshall stacks and things and at school i use 275 watt marshall mgs and then lower pissy stuff

i also own a ibanez ep7 steve vai sig
a bass
and a crappy sheap gutiar which im selling
Last edited by red_spider at May 23, 2006,
Get the ZW LP off Ebay. I've played the ZW LP and it sounds great and feels as good, if not better than the LP Custom, especially with the bare neck. It doesn't feel or sound much different from an LP Custom, minus the pick-ups and the neck. IMO, I wouldn't get an LP Custom and just drop EMG's in it. With the ZW, you get a bare neck, which results in a much faster neck, unless you wanna shave the neck on an LP Custom. I think the ZW LP is worth every cent of it. The Gibson on the other hand... That's a totally different story. Most every Epi I've played (that is a faithful recreation of the Gibson model that is...) plays and sounds just as good as a Gibson. Gibson's are overpriced and overrated, unless you get into the Custom Shop price range.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
Last edited by Ambulance X at May 23, 2006,
Quote by red_spider
ive been playing for 6 or 7 years and dont plan to stop either,you rekon the Zakk the way to go coz i no a guy wid one n it plays awsome n sounds awsome

The RR3 is pretty much a beginner guitar. If you've been playing over 6 years, you're already beyond that what guitar can offer you. IMO, if you like the ZW Epi, I'd say save yourself some cash and get a plain Epi LP Custom instead. It will be shìtloads cheaper than the ZW model, and a great guitar. You'll probably want to swap pickups too, but it will still work out a lot cheaper.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
i think ill go with the zakk because the rr3 has a tremlo and im having a few problems getting pinch harmonics to work on my floyd and i can do them really well on my mates les paul standard plus...id throw a emg 81 n a emg 85 in the zakk aswell,i can get the zakk brand new with hardcase for AU$1279 and the emg 81 n 95 for AU$300 + installation
If your going to get a 1900 Epiphone Les Paul (Zakk Wylde), then just get a Gibson Les Paul Studio or Standard (some holidays they sell Standards for 2000)
yeh but studios dont cost 2000 over here cos we know how much we get ripped off by music stores
Zakk Wylde EPI for 1900!?!? WTF you sure it's the Epiphone?

EDIT: Even 1279 is pretty wtf
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Rho-ho-hodes all the way. The epi zakk has HZ pickups, which suck compared the ones Zakk uses. Jackson have upgraded the rhoads with Duncan jazz and JB pickups. It's more versatile, has a faster neck and a floyd rose trem.
Quote by red_spider
Whats is a better buy a Jackson RR3 Rhoads or a Epiphone Zakk Wylde Bullseye?
i can get the rhoads for 950
and the zakk for 1900

and id probably put emg 81/85s in whatever one i bought

A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
No offense threadstarter, but you have a very weird taste in "awesome amps and awesome pedals"......SS randall....MG?!?! And the pedals?!?!

You haven't played a tube amp yet, have you?

Back on topic, go with the RR....the wylde is way overpriced where you are.
Rhoads all the way. I have one and love it. Crushmeister, why do you always say the RR3 is a beginner's guitar?
i say rr3 over wylde hands down. but if you want a les paul go with something a bit cheaper
"We could only wonder what he would have accomplished is his life hadn't ended so early"

----Randy Rhoads----
living in perth in australia is really bad for guitar stuff hey,all the music shops are so over priced,but i know the owners of 3 so im set in one way,but jacksons for some reason are not being stocked in some stores any more but i can get a rr3 for 950 cash and the zakk i can get for 1279 and another store i know the guys at said thell give me 25% to 50% off any esp anytime of the year,the only thing is i already have a floyd so im thinkin i dont need another gutiar with a floyd but the rr3 is heaps cheaper and you guys were saying better pick ups,but i dont mind the emgs hz-4z i have a pair in a electric atm and they kick pretty good outa my amp and even the ones i use at school
Quote by red_spider
living in perth in australia is really bad for guitar stuff hey,all the music shops are so over priced,but i know the owners of 3 so im set in one way,but jacksons for some reason are not being stocked in some stores any more but i can get a rr3 for 950 cash and the zakk i can get for 1279 and another store i know the guys at said thell give me 25% to 50% off any esp anytime of the year,the only thing is i already have a floyd so im thinkin i dont need another gutiar with a floyd but the rr3 is heaps cheaper and you guys were saying better pick ups,but i dont mind the emgs hz-4z i have a pair in a electric atm and they kick pretty good outa my amp and even the ones i use at school

GET YOUR HANDS ON AN ESP ECLIPSE II it blows the epiphone
Quote by GNR4EVER
Zakk Wylde EPI for 1900!?!? WTF you sure it's the Epiphone?

EDIT: Even 1279 is pretty wtf

It's called inflation you ignorant american
Quote by singlecoiled
It's called inflation you ignorant american

I'm not american you arrogant wanker
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Umm... the EPIPHONE zakk bullseye is 800.. the GIBSON costs 1900... and I played the ZW and I HATE the neck wood.. I'd most DEFINATELY get an SG Standard, or a Gibson Les Paul.

but if signature guitars are your bag, I'd get the Kirk Hammet signature ESP, it's got everything, a sweet tremolo, 24 frets (way more opportunity), and EMG 81s!!!!
^why do people always think 24 frets is so much better? it's not really that much more considering how much most people play up there to begin with. 22 frets is plenty. heck, strats have 21 and Yngwie does just fine, no?
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
ZAKK WYLDE FOR 1900???? I CAN GET ONE FOR 800 usd
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Page 1 of 2