Kramer Jersey Star
Jackson DK2
Epi Lp Standard
Takamine G series
Marshall DFX 30 mg series
Boss Gt8 foot pedal

member of the 'i cant spell yngwhey mhalmstreem club'

PM me to join
Drawbacks - guitars are more readily available than if you played left handed, every single piece of instruction material will not have to be translated for you - wait these are advantages.

To be honest everyone is crap at guitar in the beginning so why not make it easier for yourself by just playing right handed as there is almost always an advantage to playing like most other people. ( Trying others guitars for example ).
no i play right handed but i wright with my right hand
My Gear

Kramer Jersey Star
Jackson DK2
Epi Lp Standard
Takamine G series
Boss Gt8 foot pedal

PM me to join
Well i also am left handed and play the right handed way, and it hasnt hindered me in anyway although a guy once told me that he thought left hand guitarists were much better and, well im pretty sure he has AIDS now........
lol whys that?
My Gear

Kramer Jersey Star
Jackson DK2
Epi Lp Standard
Takamine G series
Boss Gt8 foot pedal

PM me to join
jimi hendrix was left handed but played a right handed guitar....who knows maybe ull become as good as him someday
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin

Thanks man.
mark knoppler too (god knows how you spell his name!!)

I'm a leftie and play right handed.. took me a while to build up the stamina in my right hand though.
i'm a lefty..but I play right handed. I can't play lef handed. I tried to learn...but it didn't work..Haha, and now I'm prolly one of the best known guitarists in the school.
If your a lefty and you want to play left handed, just string the guitar upside down, thats what Hendrix did and look how amazing he was. Its not that you should play right handed because someone says so, but if its more comfortable then play right handed. And tabs are not made just for rightys. Left handed guitarists can read tab just as easily, if there guitar is strung right; i.e. right handed guitar flipped over and strung upside down.
so are u sayin that playin left handed you have the thin E at the top of the neck near your head and the thick E at the bottom near your foot?
My Gear

Kramer Jersey Star
Jackson DK2
Epi Lp Standard
Takamine G series
Boss Gt8 foot pedal

PM me to join
no.. you flip the nut around and the strings.. then play it upside down (so it's like playing it the right way up again)

Make sense?
yep
My Gear

Kramer Jersey Star
Jackson DK2
Epi Lp Standard
Takamine G series
Boss Gt8 foot pedal

PM me to join
well heres advantages of playing left handed, the speed you naturally have in your left hand will aid you in you picking, tapping, and finger picking, if your a lefty but play right handed the natural speed in your fingers will make you able to play faster, make sense?
i'm in the same situation. i'm a lefty but i started strumming around on a right handed guitar so thats the way ive stayed. it also means that you will be able to move about the frets more adeptly, but you will have to work harder on your right hand.
Quote by T.S.R.
what?
if i were a midget...id go masturbate in public because...hey, im a midget and i can get away with anything

Quote by yawn
I heard Hitler was a pretty good guitarist back in his day...

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.