I'm looking for a relatively cheap overdrive pedal. I looked in the Read Me thread but the information seems to have disappeared?

I don't have much money at the moment, so what would be the best option?
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
relatively cheap? Boss SD1, its like the cheapest pedal on Boss's lineup (of course it doesn't sound amazing but for the price you can't really argue)
at soundcontrol u can get boss' MD-2 for 50. it sound damn good in my opinion
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.

Quote by absinthe5765
Someone woke up on the wrong side of his mother this morning.

i dont like the MD-2.. try the SD-1 or the OD-2 (i think, may be 3)

You should be able to get a SD-1 on ebay for about £18-24 delivered
What sort of sounds are you looking for too?

The MD-2 is a distortion, not overdrive.

You could find a used Boss Blues Driver (BD-2) or OD3 on ebay quite cheap, they're great pedals when matched with a nice amp.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I don?t have any firm idea on what sort of sound I want. I want that sort of an added elevation to my guitar playing. I haven?t really used effects before, so I?m willing to experiment (though cheaply).
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
In england you can get Boss dead cheap, especially their overdrives. Boss OD-3 is teh best overdrive. MT-2 has become legendary, and you'll easily find a second-hand one in good condition for half the price (if you're THAT poor)
i dont know how expensive maxon is in the uk, but there really good, for cheap i agree with boss BD-2
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

an awful lot of people are raving about the Digitech Bad Monkey
Fender '82 Walnut Strat
Fender '65 Twin Reverb Reissue
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
EHX English Muff'n
Boss DD-6
for dead cheap you can get a crappy danelectro fab overdrive, that sounds okay, but won't last very long, It's only about $15.00 us
Excuse my french, but this thread is full of FAIL.

Really, repost it, this is bad. Boss are not the best pedals, and you shouldn't be buying pedals if you don't know what they do!

And, there's a spammer in here too. Christ.

*reported*
Hey guys don't click that link because it makes you make a spam post with that link in it.

Oh and in relation to this thread, the bad monkey is a pretty decent overdrive and i don't think there's any better for the price.
The thread's 2 years old.......
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
EDIT:::
Quote by R_H_C_P
The thread's 2 years old.......

z0mg I phail
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia