I need to buy new strings cause mine are pretty wore out. Watch should I buy for playing metal, Ive heard bass boomers are pretty good for metal.

thx in advance.
Quote by unfathomable_bo
Well it isnt hard to bend a string that has the tension of a piece of well cooked spaghetti, especially when you have hands like goalkeeper gloves

My songs: (more to come) (C4C's)
Screams fell silent underneath the black sun
they are, but tend to loose life FAST ( in my view atleast ) i use steve harris's signature rotosound on my american p bass, which sounds great! but theirs alot of people who know much more about strings here than me!
I use the DR LR-40 strings. They are the Hi-Beam ones, lites. They've lasted me since December 15 and haven't lost any tone and stay in tune good. They work good for lots of music but they work good for metal. I had my bass tuned to B F# B E and was playing some Slipknot and it stays in tune good for lites at that low of a tuning.
Ibanez SR400
Ampeg BA112
Digitech Whammy WH-4 > Boss NS2 Noise Gate, NS2 Send (Boss GEB7 Bass EQ) NS2 Return > Boss CEB3 Bass Chorus > Ampeg BA112
^ Blimey taht must be one floppy string! I use Elixirs since i bought my Schecter as they ship with them (yes that's right!), i really like the nanoweb **** they use.
Quote by Applehead
^ Blimey taht must be one floppy string! I use Elixirs since i bought my Schecter as they ship with them (yes that's right!), i really like the nanoweb **** they use.

true, but Elixirs are expensive!!!
yeah man, but i earn enough. They are worth it dude, seriously. save up!
Last edited by Applehead at May 24, 2006,
yeah they are musicians friend says the list is $103, but they sell um for $50 i might get them, I have the money.
Quote by unfathomable_bo
Well it isnt hard to bend a string that has the tension of a piece of well cooked spaghetti, especially when you have hands like goalkeeper gloves

My songs: (more to come) (C4C's)
Screams fell silent underneath the black sun