gitar_norge
249 IQ
dunno if this is the right place to post this... but anyways:

HAs anyone heard his newest album "Super Colossal"?

Is it good? You know a site where I can listen to one or two songs from the album?

tnx
Abby123456
Welshfag
83 IQ
I like the album, not his best ever, but a good effort

But hasnt this thread been done? I swear I remember one before....
Scorzerci
UG Addict
384 IQ
Good cd
Please vote for my band in a demo competition by clicking
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
xxdarrenxx
UG Fanatic
1,654 IQ
Actually his worst cd. I mean musical it's good, but not very much special on there.

The cd is not bad, but bad compared to the rest, though it's better soundwise then let's say surfing with the alien with his over-drenched-on-chorus sound on that 1

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
splice
crank that jessie jackson
175 IQ
i love it.......not his best like everyone else said but its great imo
Holy Katana
Anarcho-Awesomist
1,681 IQ
Quote by xxdarrenxx
Actually his worst cd. I mean musical it's good, but not very much special on there.

The cd is not bad, but bad compared to the rest, though it's better soundwise then let's say surfing with the alien with his over-drenched-on-chorus sound on that 1

Yeah, he had terrible tone back then.

The only good songs on there are It's So Good, Ten Words, A Cool New Way, and Theme For a Strange World. That's less than half of the album.
splice
175 IQ
ahem redshift riders......super colossal....crowd chant...just bc u dont like those songs doesnt mean others dont
Holy Katana
Anarcho-Awesomist
1,681 IQ
Quote by splice
ahem redshift riders......super colossal....crowd chant...just bc u dont like those songs doesnt mean others dont

Oh, yeah, I forgot about Redshift Riders. That one's pretty good, too.
xxdarrenxx
UG Fanatic
1,654 IQ
yeah true but we don't say the music sucks we say that it isn't special, i mean if you get the same album as 5 years ago you'd expect some more off it

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Matt_Malmsteen
Shred n00b
363 IQ
I haven't heard it all yet but I'd agree with people who say it's not his best but it's still very good, I prefer Surfing With The Alien, The Extremist and Crystal Planet personally but this album also has some great sounds.
'If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the Universe' - Carl Sagan.
ar73m
Fantastik Pandastik
526 IQ
It's nice but I was hoping for more metal

Still hoping he'll do another Attack or Crystal Planet someday!
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
The2abraxis
UG Newbie
850 IQ
i love it, shows that he can still write some awesome songs
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
Johnljones7443
559 IQ
Ten Words is lovely. I like It's So Good aswell - that's about it though, bit of a dissapointment.
Gabuydachk
443 IQ
not his best but definately worth it for a Satch fan

'tis life
Night_Lights
I've been here too long
863 IQ
Made of Tears is my favorite song on the album, surprised noone else seems to like it.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
tubab0y
old skool user.
1,326 IQ
personally, redshift riders is my favorite, though super colossal has a pretty good solo.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
wynter
UG AfroMulletHead
22 IQ
I found it to be pretty boring. It's like there's something missing, theres no energy in it for me.
http://ilikeshred.dmusic.com

Originally posted by blink_x41
d0oDd, gUrLs d0Nt lIk3 bOiS, gUrLs lIk3 cArS aNd m0N3y$$!!!!!!!11111L0L!!!!11111º1"·ª!"hArDc0r3
Resiliance
Acta est fabula
449 IQ
^That's about how I feel.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
bucky_2300
Onward!
1,344 IQ
I like it. It's the only Satch album I own, so it's going up from here - I'm buying the Extremist next.
no
splice
175 IQ
the main riff in "ten words" is actually a little thing that i came up with a year or so ago

made a whole damn song with that and now its gone
Anty 7
UG's Famous French Frog
301 IQ
"Cool new way" is amazing, the album is great, and I'm gonna see him friday can't wait!

I think it's one of his best CDs, sur it's not Surfing with the Alien, but it's better than Crystal Planet
*builds anti-flame wall*
seljer
UG Resident
1,380 IQ
Quote by Anty 7
"Cool new way" is amazing, the album is great, and I'm gonna see him friday can't wait!

I think it's one of his best CDs, sur it's not Surfing with the Alien, but it's better than Crystal Planet
*builds anti-flame wall*

Crystal Planet > Surfing with the Alien IMO
at least musically

but Super Collosal is probably better than SwtA musically as Surfing With the Alian is really a "OMG ELECTRIC GUITAR!!!" type album (and in that aspect it kicks ass)

my favourites overall are Strange Beautiful Music and Is There Love in Space
Last edited by seljer at Jul 4, 2006,
limefan913
154 IQ
I found it fairly good musically. Technically, it wasn't his most impressive album. I'm an amature guitarist, playing for about a year, and I can play Super Colossial. He doesn't do much impressive with it.

Surfing With The Alien, I can't come close to playing with it. All the tapping, temelo, and the speed he plays it with.

However, the album has merit, and it seems like hes moving in a new direction.

I saw him perform live in April, and he performed some of the stuff from Super Colossial, with the Super Colossial guitar that when he plays it, hes picking his nose . It was very very good. Even better live.