but it only came back with 1 thread and nothing about this particular amp. there is a combo out there for $575. is this a good deal. obviously its a good amp... its a boogie, right? how will the distortion be?

there are 2, 4-ohm jacks. i figure i can't plug in 2 16-ohm speakers into this, huh?

there's also a 50 caliber head for $685
Last edited by sethp at May 23, 2006,
also, can a 16-ohm speaker be plugged into a 4-ohm output jack?
i'm SERIOUSLY thinking about pulling the trigger on the combo if people here think it's a good deal.

please advise
the horse's mouth answered one of my questions, i can use the internal speaker and my 2 external speaker cabs. YIPPIIIIEEEE!!!!!

now, if someone could just advise me as to whether 575 is a good deal on the 50 cal. combo.
Those are definiltely some nice amps, I know a guy that owns one, and he loves it. I haven't heard it personally though, so I can't comment on the OD. Boogies usually have a decent amount of gain though, and a pedal should help if it doesn't.

For price, that might depend where you are. I usually see those go between $400-$500 on the US eBay, depending on condition. The $575 might be a little high, depending if that's including shipping costs or you're buying it local.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I guess depends on the condition then. How old is it, and does he say how long it's been since the tubes were changed? Any custom options? Does he have good pics of it? How much is he going to charge for shipping?
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids