Page 1 of 2
I got a beggener guitar for christmas and the string was all tight and it is rubbish for the new chords im learning because of the strings... when i try it on my friends guitar it works fine so ive decided im going to stop playing untill i get a new guitar in my birthday im just wondering which guitar? I listen to stuff like all american rejects fallout boy greenday so i just need a new guitar and im only 12 so i cant get alot of money spent on me + i live in uk so we have £
How Long Been Playing

*_*Month*_*

*_*Counted In Months*_*
When's your birthday?

And what the hell do you mean the strings are too tight?
Augest 10th and i mean like there too high off the fretboard and ive tryed everything and nothing will work.
How Long Been Playing

*_*Month*_*

*_*Counted In Months*_*
just get a guitar on a lower gauge, like my vintage cheap and ibanezy but not as good
Thats called the action and on bad strat copies they are always too high. Im assuming this is the guitar u have. Try an Epiphone Les Paul Junior the action on those is better and they're only about £130-150
My Gear:
Epiphone SG
Vintage SG
Stagg Strat (With replaced hardware and a Duncan Invader )
Hohner Strat
No name Acoustic
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DS-1
Roland Cube 60
Wires and patch cords and stuff..
No i dont + im not geting a junior guitar and im looking in a price range with £70-200 since this is what i normally get.
How Long Been Playing

*_*Month*_*

*_*Counted In Months*_*
LP Junior isn't a junior guitar, it's just cheaper. I swear to you it's full size.

And why not just get an allen key and lower the action?
Whats wrong with the Les Paul Junior? It doesnt mean its like a smaller guitar or anything its just cheaper and only has one pickup.
My Gear:
Epiphone SG
Vintage SG
Hohner Strat
No name Acoustic
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DS-1
Roland Cube 60
Coz my guitar dont have the allon key thingy on the neck thats why and there is a guitar with 3 pick ups and it's 70 pound
How Long Been Playing

*_*Month*_*

*_*Counted In Months*_*
3 pickups is pointless if your a beginner just go for the Les Paul Junior, its got fairly low action a reasonable tone and its cheap
My Gear:
Epiphone SG
Vintage SG
Hohner Strat
No name Acoustic
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DS-1
Roland Cube 60
Quote by The untouched
Coz my guitar dont have the allon key thingy on the neck thats why and there is a guitar with 3 pick ups and it's 70 pound

No. Get an allen key, and turn the screws on the other end of the strings (The "bridge", the silver thing) to make those funny square things that the strings come up through- see 'em?- make those lower.
Hmmm, the best bet is to get something like an epiphone LP or SG, but if you dont mind the slightly awkward shape you could get a Dean baby V or a baby dimebag from hell for about £229 or if you stretch out a bit you could get a dimebag tribute guitar, apparently they're £270 but as you like less heavy music the distortion that a dean provides can get a good sound for pantera and sabbath/ozzy stuff, vinatges are quite good for their price, but les pauls are probably the best bet for you as they can get practically any sound, as long as you have the correct amp/effects
Cauld anyone show me the pictures of these... like that junior one.
How Long Been Playing

*_*Month*_*

*_*Counted In Months*_*
That SG one i like the body any chance i cauld get one of those cheap?
How Long Been Playing

*_*Month*_*

*_*Counted In Months*_*
Guitarstrings (Merchant City Music) has the Epiphone SG Special Cherry for £129, or Ebony for £179. If you're willing to compromise and get an Epiphone Les Paul, they have a deal with a gig bag, amp, strap and spare strings for £179.

GAK will do you the Epi SG Cherry for the same £129.
Or an Emily The Strange one with gig bag for £199.
Or a G310 in Ebony, Red or Vintage White for £179.
Or a Stagg SG style G200 for £149.
or a Westfield E2000 SG style for £159
Quote by The untouched
I got a beggener guitar for christmas and the string was all tight and it is rubbish for the new chords im learning because of the strings... when i try it on my friends guitar it works fine so ive decided im going to stop playing untill i get a new guitar in my birthday im just wondering which guitar? I listen to stuff like all american rejects fallout boy greenday so i just need a new guitar and im only 12 so i cant get alot of money spent on me + i live in uk so we have £

Move to Ireland.
Is it full size it don't say :S
How Long Been Playing

*_*Month*_*

*_*Counted In Months*_*
Unless it's specifically stated as being "small scale" or 3/4, 1/2, 1/4 sized, then it's full size.
Quote by sashki
Do you have an acoustic?

Don't get a strat copy. Although the strat is a simple guitar to build, for some reason ALL copies suck. Get an Ibanez, Agile or cheap Epi.

Isn't this a Strat copy? If not, it sure does clsoely resemble one
http://www.rondomusic.net/st802w.html
Quote by mrbreeze
Isn't this a Strat copy? If not, it sure does clsoely resemble one
http://www.rondomusic.net/st802w.html

Liek teh hax0r who started this thread didn't specify which guitar he had. I assumed since he's a beginner he has an acoustic.
Are you saying that that guitar won't suck? I don't trust you. It looks great, but I doubt it's any good. Strat copies suck.
Is the link i gave a strat copy and no one is answering if i should get it (if i can) and is it good because i like the body
How Long Been Playing

*_*Month*_*

*_*Counted In Months*_*
Quote by The untouched
Is the link i gave a strat copy and no one is answering if i should get it (if i can) and is it good because i like the body

if your gonna get a new FULL length neck and stuff
I'm not funny, nor smart enough to have a funny or smart sig...
Ive got a amp and new wave what do you been by your post?
How Long Been Playing

*_*Month*_*

*_*Counted In Months*_*
^^ WHAT DO YOU PLAY RIGHT NOW!!!! Jeeze, there are people here that could easily solve this problem without you having to buy a new guitar. From what you described, the action is set to high, so go to a shop and have them lower it!! It's cost you no more than $20, well worth it over spending $300 on a new guitar that won't be much of an upgrade from what you've got (I'm guessing, since I don't know what you have!!!)!!
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Quote by The untouched

Yes, it is a strat copy!
No, it's not that good, because it's a strat copy!

Looks are tertiary when it comes to guitar.

They are important, but not as important as sound or feel.
Put it like this i have no guitar my guitar is rubbish so take it as i have no guitar ok!
How Long Been Playing

*_*Month*_*

*_*Counted In Months*_*
Ok right you want a cheap electric guitar with a SG style body that you can buy in England. OK go on www.gak.co.uk click on electric guitars and click Epiphone and look for an SG thats in your budget. Or search on GAK Epiphone SG. Got it?
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
No guitar is rubbish. Even my cousins really bad Squire (one of the one's you mentioned actually) or my friends $75 Washburn KNOCKOFF aren't rubbish. They suck ass, but they aren't rubbish. Hell, I bet even those lousy excuse for a Gibson "EPOTCH" guitars aren't rubbish, and those sell at Best Buy and WALLMART (maybe that's taking it a little too far lol)!!! Don't give up on a guitar, set it up properly and play the hell out of it. Giving up on something is bad lol.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Page 1 of 2