Whats the sound quality like on them? They look pretty sweet and im looking for a sound interface like that.

Any info you could give me on using them n stuff would be great!

Cheers,

Ash
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
i got one for christmas. the tone is pretty damn good... idk if it's as good as everyone makes it out to be but maybe cuz it takes a goooood deal of knowledge of frequencies and etc. to get the best tone. in that case, if u know all that crap, then this thing is the $hit. the software it comes with is a rip off tho; u'll need to buy your own softaware rather than waste your time with abeleton live lite (it's a cheap demo). hope this helped.
I got one, and I took it back the same day.

I absolutely hated the sound.
BOLD.
Quote by Nor'Easterbass
i got one for christmas. the tone is pretty damn good... idk if it's as good as everyone makes it out to be but maybe cuz it takes a goooood deal of knowledge of frequencies and etc. to get the best tone. in that case, if u know all that crap, then this thing is the $hit. the software it comes with is a rip off tho; u'll need to buy your own softaware rather than waste your time with abeleton live lite (it's a cheap demo). hope this helped.

Would i better off with the UX1 or the UX2?
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Quote by maddd0g
I got one, and I took it back the same day.

I absolutely hated the sound.

How can you know by the first day? With these things is takes weeks maybe months to find the sound u like...Im still playing around with mine

To answer your question about the Ux1 or Ux2, well it depends, there are virtually the same, you are paying more for 2 guitar and 2 mic inputs instead of one and u also get the VU meters, and the phantom power and some more things. But I have mine and it works great.

Good Luck,

Steve
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
if u are on a tight budget and recording only alone then the Ux1 will do fine, but eventually ur prob gonna want two inputs maybe if u wanna record with some buddies or u wanna use condenser mics cause then u would need the phantom power
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
I got one for myself as a Christmas present in February and it took me a while to get the sound I want.

http://www.derrelicte.info/mixtest.mp3

That's a small sample. The quality's really low and I haven't finished mixing/EQing because I haven't laid down all the tracks yet. It's a lead guitar (Viper 400 panned to the left), rhythm (Ibanez SA160 panned to the right), and a Fender Jazz Standard Bass, with the drums done in Cubase.

edit -- I'm planning on finishing up the whole thing sometime this next week because I'm getting my condensor mics in. I'll post the whole thing mixed and mastered in the Cover Songs sub-forum.
Last edited by LiLFLiP at May 24, 2006,
Hi, I was also thinking about getting the Ux2 But is USB connection really fast enough? You don't need Firewire? Another question.. I've got wavelab 4.0 (yeah.. old one) for recording, but because it's not the official version I didn't discover yet how you can record and playback at the same time? Does anyone know this? When you connect the Ux2 to your recording program, you just got to select the device as if it was an audiocard? And does anyone know if Final Cut HD (on mac OS X) communicates with an external breakout box (the Ux2) through USB? What other good/or better recording devices are there? Maybe one with a multichannel function? (not that I really need that but I was just wondering) tnx guys