I am trying to learn slide blues. Like the old Robert johnson stuff. Does anyone else play slide or could give me some pointers on maybe learning it.
Open tunings! (open D and open G are the most common ones, you can use a capo to move it up into different keys)

and having a guitar with a not-low action makes things a bit easier

mess around a bit and you find that most of the blues scale falls around the open strings and 3rd and 5th frets. Past that its just a point of messing around and listening to the other slide players until you get the hang of it.
Yeah i Play Slide. If Your Going to play it it and dont know anything about heres things thatll help
Never push down on the strings rest it on top of the string.
always hit the actual fretmark instead of hit behind you must be dead accurate
to get a vibrato just wiggle the slide aroud the fretmark
Pickn grin also has a video on how to do this stuff. but you may know this and wont some other tips
I know accuracey is important, Im just not to good at it yet. But thanks for the site and the vibrato tip, I didnt know how to do that.
Yeah, it takes a while to get the feel for it down.

Listen to...
Derek Trucks (Derek Trucks Band, Allman Brothers Band... this guy is the next great guitarist of our time)
Warren Haynes (Allman Brothers Band, Gov't Mule... him and Trucks make a great duo on stage)
Duane Allman (Allman Brothers Band... this guy pioneered great slide guitar)
George Thorogood (The Destroyers... down and dirty player, much easier to play his stuff than the above guys)

Most every good slide player uses open E or open D tunings...

red
Looking for my India/Django.
If you're going for a cleaner sound, mute the strings behind the slide(closer to the nut) with your pointer finger.
Raoul Duke: There's a uh, big machine in the sky, some kind of, I dunno, electric snake, coming straight at us.

Dr. Gonzo: Shoot it.

Raoul Duke: Not yet, I want to study its habits.
Quote by that1l)ude
Yeah i Play Slide. If Your Going to play it it and dont know anything about heres things thatll help
Never push down on the strings rest it on top of the string.
always hit the actual fretmark instead of hit behind you must be dead accurate
to get a vibrato just wiggle the slide aroud the fretmark
Pickn grin also has a video on how to do this stuff. but you may know this and wont some other tips

and put your slide on whatever finger is comfortable (i like pinky) but not first finger, cuz you need at least that to mute the strings behind the slide. ugh, pick n grins video sucked, he didn't teach any licks, except the freaking chords for the 12 bar blues which duh i can figure out myself