Ok, so i really wanna learn how to do the half pick/half strum. A good example would be Here comes the sun. Thom Yorke of Radiohead is also really big into that. I dont understand how they do it. Can someone give me some tips.
Alright this is sorta hard to explain but i will try my best. To start it off maybe just slow down the strumming and as your going down the string just add some emphasis on the strings. So while your strumming it is sound as if you are regular piking at the same time. Just mess around a bit and i'm sure youll get the hang of it soon.
thanks. I am still kinda confused on how this all works . I heard this style referred to as "Travis picking". Maybe i am mixing up two different things.
all you need to do is mute the notes around the note you are gona strum/pick with your other fretting fingers resting on the strings
Quote by Naboo
all you need to do is mute the notes around the note you are gona strum/pick with your other fretting fingers resting on the strings

no no no the whole point is to let the other notes in the chord keep ringing as you pick out notes. harrison strums, lands on the first melody note, and with the rest of the chord still fretted, plays the rest of the lick. muting would kill the effect. same goes with wish you were here. you want the strings ringing.
dan steinman explained what i wanted to do perfectly. Here comes the sun would be a good example of what i want to accomplish.
hehe glad to help... i have a friend who would play here comes the sun and lift up his fingers for each note... sounded terrible of course