ive been looking at amps for a while now and i was originally looking at mg's then i looked atwhat people said on here and thought, well, maybe not. so anyway, now im looking for a tube amp for around the same price as the mg100dfx which is just as loud, maybe louder. so for people in UK, thats around £250. i think it would be cool to have like a half stack or something, but a combo is also fine. So any suggestoins are very welcome

thanks
Marshall DSL401 for 400 quid I believe
or a Laney LC30 for 350 (but to the reports of the people on here, the EQ limits you from doing anything heavier)

you can get the Laney LC15 for 200 but I don't think that'd be loud enough for what you want, its a good amp as far as practicing and basic studio work goes (stock speaker isn't the best though)

or you can go used
I also heard that at the same wattage, a tube amp will be louder than a solid state. is this true? and if so how much louder, extra 10W, 20W?
so anyone out there got any £200 - £300 half stack/ combo amps (dont know which is better valve or SS but probably valve since i play chilis, darkness, dirty pretty things nd GnR (wide range i know)) which will work well with practicing and gigging?
A used Marshall DSL401 if you can find one that price, if you can't, it'd probably best to save up.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
i know, just realised its hybrid, i dug out my marshall brochure and looked em up. So still lookin for ideas on tube amps 60W or more £200-£300
i know this is a double post, but this is a different question, if you use a booster pedal with a tube amp it makes it go to distortion right? but could you also put a ds-1 infront of it and stil get the same sound from the ds-1?

and what minimum tube wattage would you recomend for gigging?
Last edited by thesumoftwo at May 23, 2006,