What would I have to do to add pickup covers to my guitar? Would it change the sound of the pickups at all?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
no not really, but some people choose to take the covers off sg and les paul style guitars as they believes it gives them higher output, though i dont think this is actually proven to give higher output
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp
covers will warm the treble and bass response slightly, but it's not going to be a huge effect. The covers I have seen are usually soldered at the dog ears, I'm not sure how aftermarket covers are attached.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
i put covers on my SG. ye depends which ones you get. my do not go down far enough to reach the base of the pickup so i cudnt solder them. but since the pups were already potted and taped, the cover only just fit and so it stays on tight

i MUCH prefer the look and yes the trebles are warmed slightly, which is great for blues.

but ye took me 30 mins in total to get the pickguard off, put the covers on, put the pups and guard back. its cool!!!
ACOUSTIC
Martin 0001
Fender Stratacoustic

ELECTRIC
Gibson SG Special Faded (Mod)

AMP/FX
DOD ICE IT 60 Watt
ZOOM 606II Guitar
^Nice. I may pick some up today and put them on my WI14. It would just look better...
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
ye they do look great

all the best for it!!!
ACOUSTIC
Martin 0001
Fender Stratacoustic

ELECTRIC

AMP/FX
DOD ICE IT 60 Watt
ZOOM 606II Guitar
I've always wanted to put some chrome covers on my SG. I hate the look of uncovered pickups and the sound difference is miniscule.
Quote by John Mayer
"'What do you do when you've seen the most stupendous, stunning, earth-shattering show of all time?' Uh...I dunno...stop using hyperbole?"

UG 83
just one tip.

when you take ur pups out, for god sake mark them so you know where they go back!!!!

i.e. bridge of neck. i know it sounds stupid but i got confused....
ACOUSTIC
Martin 0001
Fender Stratacoustic

ELECTRIC

AMP/FX
DOD ICE IT 60 Watt
ZOOM 606II Guitar
just one tip.

when you take ur pups out, for god sake mark them so you know where they go back!!!!

i.e. bridge or neck. i know it sounds stupid but i got confused....
ACOUSTIC
Martin 0001
Fender Stratacoustic

ELECTRIC

AMP/FX
DOD ICE IT 60 Watt
ZOOM 606II Guitar
^goos tip. also watch out for pickup springs, they fly off sometimes. take out the pup slowly so u can see how they are fitted in there.

and yes, covers are secured with a dab of solder like said. try not to disrupt the ribbon or coils.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011