true bypass with guitar pedals is usually referring to bridging the input directly to the output with a switch, usually by the simplest means possible, ie. a wire. This is so the tone stays the truest, without being affected by going thru the circuit of the fx box, even if it's off. It's cheaper for companies to include a buffer circuit instead of an actual true bypass, so the signal will still pass through the circuit and can affect the tone.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at May 23, 2006,
for the most part having true bypass is best since the signal isn't effected at all when the pedal is off but for really good pedals not having true bypass isn't really a big deal, especially with delay pedals. I prefer not to have true bypass with delay's so that when you turn off your pedal your delay's fade out like normal as iff the pedal was on. This means you should buy a good pedal though so your signal remains good.
ha, insteresting point Gutch, never thought of that since I put all my time based fx on the loop.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at May 23, 2006,