hey people, you see, recently ive moved onto a new brand of strings. I used to use Fender Bullets (because apparently they are specially made for my strat according to my dad) Anyway, I recently purchased some Dean Markley strings and within a week they broke. My dad said its because the end of the string is a ball instead of a bullet. Is this true? Or doesnt it matter and my strings snapped because they are ****?

- Thanks for the help
Not true. The snapped because:
1. There's a burr on the saddle
2. The nut is applying too much friction
3. You're playing wierd?

I dunno. Which string was it/where'd it break?
Yeah, it's your saddles. There's probably a sharp thing on it that rubbed the string wrong. Just find that and file it down, and you're set.
it can be tought to spot tho. either take it to a tech to get them look at it or try to CAREFULLY file the saddle to remove burrs.

It may also have been unlucky, maybe a chord that caught the string REALLY hard, but most likely it is a burred saddle
ACOUSTIC
Martin 0001
Fender Stratacoustic

ELECTRIC
Gibson SG Special Faded (Mod)

AMP/FX
DOD ICE IT 60 Watt
ZOOM 606II Guitar
yeah, just buy another string for a dollar, see if it happens again, might not. add a drop of light machine oil where the string runs over the saddle.

fender puts a sticker on the back of their guitars, something about how u need to use fender strings.
thats completely false, and put there to add to fender profits.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
yeah, just buy another string for a dollar, see if it happens again, might not. add a drop of light machine oil where the string runs over the saddle.

fender puts a sticker on the back of their guitars, something about how u need to use fender strings.
thats completely false, and put there to add to fender profits.

new strings arrived today, ill try that :P
well i've tried all makes of strings on my strat and none compare to fender.

i don't really subscribe to the sharpy wotsit on the bridge, that would have happened when he had fender strings on as well.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix