I'm getting an American strat soon and I want to know what would be the best clean amp to play it with. I want that Chili Peppers - Under the bridge sound...
Member of the Natalie Portman club.

Quote by Jaimz
Yeh you might wanna check that out, finger impregnations are pretty common nowadays.
Quote by RTB_Chris
I've been playing for over 15 years, and all of my main guitars are Squiers.
I've also heard about Rolands and Voxs are they as good as Fenders?

Quote by Jaimz
Yeh you might wanna check that out, finger impregnations are pretty common nowadays.
Quote by RTB_Chris
fender twin reverb
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
buy the amp johny uses, youll pretty much get the same sound
RIG

Marshall MG 50DFX
Fender Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Standered
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Yamaha APX5A
RP 350
I second the Twin reverb

OR you could go with the 1959 Marshall SLP (all tube) I have one and they sound insanely good clean. I'm pretty sure that John (RHCP) used a Marhsall...?
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
well not many people have the money to go and buy a mesa just for the clean sound, i would say fender but if money isnt a problem you can look into mesa i guess
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
haha i know man, what's ur budget?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
So if I get something like a Dual Rectifier it'll have a good clean?

Quote by Jaimz
Quote by RTB_Chris
Roland Jazz Chorus.

And recto has par cleans. Not amazing but decent
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Well I don't really have a budget it's more like I'll save up for whatever amount of time until I have enough money...

Quote by Jaimz
Quote by RTB_Chris
Meh, I suggest not wasting your time with Mesa. Get what you want, now. I definately would second, third, etc. Vox AC30/AC15. Fender has the "best" cleans according to most, but I still like the sound of the AC30 better.
If you want good cleans I suggest something like a Roland Jazz Chorus, or something from the Fender Hot Rod Series.
If you want something all around get a Traynor YCV50Blue, it's got Fender-like cleans and Marshall-like crunch/overdrive.
There are probably other good options out there, but Fender tube amps are certain to deliver beautiful cleans.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

Want sweet cleans? Fender or Vox, done. Now time for a beer.
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
As most people said Fenders have amazing cleans, but so does Traynor. I've got a Blues junior, and a YCV40t, and I love both of them when it comes to clean sound and can never decide which is better. They both sound different, but still sound great.
Hai UG!
fender tube amp or a vox tube or a tranor id personally go with traynor they sound really good and i also hear mixed stuff that it sounds better than a fender its what ive heard not claimed or anything...
VOX AD50 VT+crappy "Fender" from COSTCO!=ok tone!
I need a new guitar
Quote by Keef-is-king
actually, I'm gonna say Vox AC30 is the all out best for straight up cleans, if you don't need much volume, they like to break up at relatively low volumes as they are only 22 watts on regular mode and 30 on top boost

The channel switching has nothing to do with watts...both channels are 30 watts. The 22/33 watt switch is on the back of the amp.
BEHOLD THE BEST CLEANS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

www.chicagobluesbox.com
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
The blues boxes are so 3 dimensional, you can almost feel the guitar, Buddy Guy uses em now.
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall