Page 1 of 3
idk if these guys are hardcore but I just got thier nuclear sad nuclear cd the other day and i have to say they are one of the wierdest but best bands ever so does anybody else like them?
dude u listen to a perfect circle i think they sound like **** but to each his own.
Last edited by killinyourkind at May 23, 2006,
Ok shut up. This isn't the Rock or Nu Metal forum.

#12 is a great grindcore/screamo band. I love them.
Awesome stuff.
ok thank you for ending that seriously if u dont like a band dont come in to a thread about them just to say aww they suck dude and **** like that cuz thats how i get banned.
I have nothing against them but i could never get into their music. Its sounds just like a bunch of noises going on and i dont get it. Although i did kind of like the song If These Bullets Could Talk.
--
...and the world sighed in relief
Amazing. Favorite songs are "Texas Dolly" and "Blue Dress"

Once again to the threadstarter, try searching.
Really long thread on this band already.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Lemme just say, korn sucks, and APC sucks too.

Quote by PaintOurSilence
I have nothing against them but i could never get into their music. Its sounds just like a bunch of noises going on and i dont get it. Although i did kind of like the song If These Bullets Could Talk.

Thats kind of how it is for me. I can listen to them when im in the mood for grindcore or deathcore, but I love If Theese Bullets Could Talk and the My Sharona cover.
Let me just say, I love Slipknot.

The Number 12 rules. Although I can see why people wouldn't be into them. A lot of people aren't really open minded enough. Plus they're definitely an acquired taste so if people can't seem to grasp their genius, I can see where they're coming from. But usually once someone "gets it" as we like to say, they usually fall in love with them. I used to be one of those people that didnt understand it, and all I heard was noise, but I listened to it over and over again and learned how to like it. It helps a lot if you seperate the instruments and listen to them individually and THEN put them together. Usually listening to Bullets helps to sort of ease yourself into them, as well.

But yeah. They're great.
I play guitar
I dunno, it gets to a point where they become more math than music, and it just sounds nasty. Kinda fun to listen to, but even if you do get it, it's not necessarily good music.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Oh, sorry, I didn't realize expressing my opinion was considered high treason.

Douche bag.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by LedZeppelin
I dunno, it gets to a point where they become more math than music, and it just sounds nasty. Kinda fun to listen to, but even if you do get it, it's not necessarily good music.

d00d, DEP is so much more math than The Number Twelve, and I'm pretty sure I've seen you say you like DEP.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
Quote by LedZeppelin
Oh, sorry, I didn't realize expressing my opinion was considered high treason.

Douche bag.

Expressing your opinion is not high treason, and I think the name calling is a tad unecessary. I'm not trying to be an ass, I'm asking an honest question, because it just seems like every time I see you post it's something along these lines;

"Yeah they're kinda catchy

But for the most part they're ****"

Really. I can start pointing it out if you'd like so you don't think I'm lying.
I play guitar
Right then, sorry about the douche bag comment. I rarely post in here. I don't think you're lying, though I didn't realize I do that... in relation to bands like Killswitch and Trivium maybe I say that, but I like more experimental hardcore bands...like Number Twelve and DEP and such. And Minor Threat and classic hardcore. The reason I say this about Number Twelve is because I've only heard stuff from Rosey Red Glasses, which seems to be much more chaotic than Nuclear Sad Nuclear.

Quote by Gomorrah
d00d, DEP is so much more math than The Number Twelve, and I'm pretty sure I've seen you say you like DEP.

DEP is more math but Number Twelve is a lot more chaotic. At least the stuff I've heard, 3 or 4 tracks from Rosey Red Glasses. I don't really know how you can be more chaotic and less math-ly, because more chaos = more precise time signatures to get everything right so it doesn't sound crappy.
Quote by HuckIt
amazing amazing band....such talented msucians......and yeah draven, basically everythign you said about the #12 growing on people, thats how converge was with me, the first 20 times i listened to them all i heard was noise, ive had jane doe forever and never listen to it, then the other day i popped it in for fun, and it hasnt left ym cd player since, i fell in love with it like out of nowhere, but anyway yeah i cans ee why peopel hate the #12 at first, but i love them alooooot
Originally posted by thestrumbum
the scream is so powerfull. my balls started two steppin.
Quote by )Eric(Draven

The Number 12 rules. Although I can see why people wouldn't be into them. A lot of people aren't really open minded enough. Plus they're definitely an acquired taste so if people can't seem to grasp their genius, I can see where they're coming from. But usually once someone "gets it" as we like to say, they usually fall in love with them. I used to be one of those people that didnt understand it, and all I heard was noise, but I listened to it over and over again and learned how to like it. It helps a lot if you seperate the instruments and listen to them individually and THEN put them together. Usually listening to Bullets helps to sort of ease yourself into them, as well.

But yeah. They're great.

i'm guessing i'm one of those people who 'get it's'. I'm not into scream/grindcore that much in all honesty but there's something about these guys that i just really love. Recently got 'put on your rosy red glasses' and the it's just brilliant. The last 4 songs just blow me away (LOL BLOWJOB!! 11) every time.

Favourite still and always probably will be clarrissa explains ****ainment however.
Quote by )Eric(Draven
A lot of people aren't really open minded enough

Exactly. All my friends are morons and are like they all play in there own keys, and have they'r own time signature. Its just to technical for them I guess.

I have problems with my close minded friends. My friend asked me what genre In Flames was and when I said Melo-Death hes just kept repeating it over and over again as if it was an insult...... then again my friends aren't the brightest taco in the picnic basket.

Edit: Anyone know of any other bands like this? I can't find any.
I just downloaded "If these bullets could talk"

I liked the music, I liked the structure and instrumentation.

But man, that guys voice, the higher pitched one, I can't see it being easy for many people to get a hang of. I flat out just don't like, but thats me.

I DO like the track The Proud Parent's Convention Held in the ER, lots of Chaos with out the dragged out screamy whiny lamentations. The 'Sonic' SFX at the end are pretty sweet.
Last edited by Keegs22 at Jun 6, 2006,
This band is too flamboyant for my tastes. I still listen to them every once in a while, for the guitar work mostly.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
if your looking for technical bands try checking out : "psyopus", the old "ed gein", "into the moat", "dep", "behold the arctopus", "orthrelm", "as the sun sets", "between the buried and
me", "silencio", and that kind of thing.

or if your looking for that sassy double vocal complex song structure **** check out the old blood brothers albums like burn piano island burn
ma gear

"it's too hard man, don't even try"
-jason becker

"get those flabby fingers in shape"
-rusty cooley
do they have an official myspace or something? i just listened to "blue dress" and am very interested in them but i can only find a couple crappy fan-made pages and the link on their site goes to an invalid ID...
Orange Rockerverb 100 + Orange PPC412
Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Fender Road Worn Player's Telecaster
ive got their ep and it kicks my ass every time i listen to it. i love those guys
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
Quote by ~Rock~Guitarist
do they have an official myspace or something? i just listened to "blue dress" and am very interested in them but i can only find a couple crappy fan-made pages and the link on their site goes to an invalid ID...

myspace.com/tntllu
i got to see them live a few weeks ago, there music blew me away. There not my favorite but i cant deny there one of the most talented bands i've ever seen play.
they dont seem to have any direction to their songs. theyre songs go nowhere. besides that their guitarists are pretty good. and sometimes they sound ok. spazzcore?
Kido is the name and i like to rhyme
I'll have you ladies playin with your panty line

Quote by LPIndin
that may be the most ridiculous thing ive ever read (next to the bible, of course)
Last edited by jckido21 at Jun 22, 2006,
I kind of like them, I didn't at first but i am getting used to their sound. And their cover of My Sharona is pretty ****ing funny.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by hatebreed219
I kind of like them, I didn't at first but i am getting used to their sound. And their cover of My Sharona is pretty ****ing funny.

word. it makes me happy. i love them. i think they're great. i saw them live at kc's (i was right up front), and they definitely have my appreciation.
"I would lock her in a room full spiders & let her think about what she's doing 2 the youth of america"brandon boyd on britney spears
I like them a lot, but im more into the less chaotic grindish bands like circle takes the square and job for a cowboy
Quote by helloassholes

or if your looking for that sassy double vocal complex song structure **** check out the old blood brothers albums like burn piano island burn

did you just call Burn Piano Island Burn old Blood Brothers
Quote by helloassholes
"behold the arctopus"

\m/!!!

Anyways, #12 is easily one of my favourite screamo bands. And I love their nicknames... especially Juh-Juh the Pink Bear.
is anyone else by chance going to their show august 5th? with the jonbenet, and heavy heavy low low???
"I would lock her in a room full spiders & let her think about what she's doing 2 the youth of america"brandon boyd on britney spears
tbh i love them
their cover of my sharona was so perfect
[:
For Myself, For My Friends, For My Family
Page 1 of 3