I only know come feel the illinoise and it's pure genious.
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
Ive heard a few songs by him and I've really really liked it.

He's on my "to check out more" list.
'Seven swans' definately.
I have to admitt that I'm really starting to grow tired of him at the moment. He is still creating good tracks, but apart from 'Year of the rabbit' its quite repetetive. Too much fuss has been paid over the worst album he's created and its always annoying when that happens.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by waldorphPRS41
I have the "Illinoise" one. I like it alot.

same.
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Quote by onlyonehere
His album has been on my seemingly never-ending "to get list" for months now. I really will pick up an album of his eventually.

it goes

Illinois
Greetings From Michigan: The Great Lakes State
Seven Swans
A Sun Came
Enjoy Your Rabbit
^ That's as inside out as you can get (in my opinion).
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
He's ****ing great.

The albums have these great feels and themes to them and he's got his real one style.
Thee frickin' best. Many a time have I professed my love for this guy (in a musical way, I don't know him nearly well enough for the other way.) Love pretty much everything he's done, China Groove's list kinda reflects my opinions, except I'm a much bigger fan of Seven Swans than Illinoise.
People pay a lot of attention to the Christian aspect of his music, and that put me off a little before I'd heard his music, mainly because of how mainstream Christian music is pretty much thee most crappy music I have ever heard. Sufjan uses his faith in his music in quite a subtle way, so even though Swans is his most Christianity-focused album, I still love it. To the max. So get that first. And get Illiniose to, but beware! It starts off really good, but it's really long, and the second half, while still good, is quite...it's a little less good, to be honest. Maybe that's just due to the length of the album: boy, he sure does fill that CD!
Member No.1 of Brand New Anonymous. PM MattDaviesFFAF, the_astronaut or ghettohippygirl to join.
Hell yeah! Numero Uno, bitches.
Originally posted by mud
You are the man.
I love Sufjan Stevens.

Anyone heard his new CD yet? He's releasing an album with Illinois outtakes, called The Avalanche. It's due in a few weeks, but i have no self discipline so i listened to it already. I think it's quite good, especially for an album of "throwaways". Definitely worth a listen. It's a bit too long though. I hope he stops making 75 minute albums after this.
Illinoise doesn't deserve the hype. Too long and boring.
I really WANT to like him, but both Michigan and Illinoise tend to get boring inbetween some glimpses of the genius Sufjan really is. Pretty cool to have 'em in your CD-collection anyway
Yeah I got busted so I used my one phonecall to dedicate a song for you on the radio - Jens Lekman
For the Widows in Paradise, For the Fatherless in Ypsilanti, off the Greetings From Michigan- The Great Lakes State, is perhaps the most beautiful song ever...