I have a bc rich warlock...really bad guitar...only one I've got that's actually worth more than $100.

So with that in mind....

A couple days ago someone in my house dropped my guitar face first into the ground (i wanted to cry). At first, I didn't think anything was wrong (because this has happened before). So I plug it into my amp...doesn't work. I start freaking out because I had just spent about $600 on a new amp. I try out two guitar cables (one of which is starting to not work very well, one which is about to die), still nothing. I go and plug my guitar into another amp, still nothing. At least my new amp isn't the problem. I'm thinking it's time for new cables (I wanted new ones anyway), but about a half hour ago, I open up the back of my guitar where the wiring is at, and I find that a yellow wire connected to the mono jack socket has broke from god knows where. I'm assuming it's to the wire knob seeing as a green wire is connected there, but what do I know about wiring? The problem is, this has happened before, and thankfully, I fixed it and havn't really had problems since.

Now, I'm surprised this guitar has lasted me for a good 4 years (seeing as it's bc rich and all), but before I blow money on another guitar (money that I don't even have), I wanted to know if anyone can help me and tell me if there's a way that I can fix this thing, even if it's only temperary.
how many wires are connected to the input jack plug right now?

there should be two on there.

and they need to run to the volume pot. (most likely)

so where is the wire disconnected from.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
put up a pic maybe i cna help u
Ibanez GSR190 Bass
Ibanez IBZ10B amp

Ibanez GAX30
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Yea dude your in luck. same thing happend when i had my fender squire. Just bring it to your local guitar store have em take a look at it. its quite simple to fix actually and the guy who fixed mine did it for free. They might charge you but i def dont see you paying more than 30 dollars to get it fixed. but whatever you do dont try to fiddle around and fix it yourself. your create more damage!
no way, ^ if its one wire to the input jack it will take about 2 mins and an iron to fix.
i wouldnt spend more money on a pos guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
how many wires are connected to the input jack plug right now?

there should be two on there.

and they need to run to the volume pot. (most likely)

so where is the wire disconnected from.

there's two connected to the input, but one isn't connected to anything. It's hard to tell where it's actually disconnected from because it was already disconnected when I got in there, but I think it goes to the volume and I base that on absolutly nothing. But the wire seems to be too short to connect to the volume, so I'm not even sure where it should go. It makes sense that it would go to the volume, but again, what do I know about connecting wires in a guitar.
yep, ok one is ur ground and one is hot. we need to figure out which is which.

see how letter A "lug" or tab, is farthest to the end of the ring?

what color wire is connected to this lug? cause thats ur ground.

the other ring, if u look close is connected to that long arm.
thats ur hot wire.

let me know if that made sense to u.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
yep, ok one is ur ground and one is hot. we need to figure out which is which.

see how letter A "lug" or tab, is farthest to the end of the ring?

what color wire is connected to this lug? cause thats ur ground.

the other ring, if u look close is connected to that long arm.
thats ur hot wire.

let me know if that made sense to u.

well, to make a bad situation worse, when I was checking it, the green wire came out
but going by that picture, the green wire was the lug and the yellow wire was the base.
if the green wire is the little end tab then thats the ground and needs to run to the back of the volume pot.

there should be a glob of wires in a pool on the back of that pot. it grounds the guitar, so it makes less humming noise.

the other wire would be the hot, and it would go from "B", as thats the one u think is attached to that long hook in the pic, and that one probably runs to a tab on the volume pot.
pots have three tabs (also called lugs) and that wire probably runs to one of them.

these are probably the spots, deepnds on ur exact setup.
if ur not sure or it doesnt look like they go there, just repost.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Last edited by jj1565 at May 23, 2006,