Well, you might think im crazy.. but how well does a Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb (a single Rectofier in combo form) handle low gain stuff (Zeppelin, beatles, cream, classic rock and blues in General),

Also, hows the headroom on the clean channel? (for blues and Ac/Dc stuff)

Now.. I know alot of you are thinking... "Dude... wtf... are you high? Its a Rectofier... MEEEETTTTTAAALLLLL!!!!!", but.. thing is, I love the distortion on this amp for the high gain stuff I play (Opeth, Megadeth, metalcore stuff.. music along those lines) and havent had the time to test it for other stuff, and that other stuff is a HUGE part of my sound, my band's sound etc...

Are the cleans terrible? Im not expecting a freaking fender twin here, but... well, put it this way.. are they better than a Marshall MG? ( )
It can do low gain well. Cleans are better than the MG. Just go to the shop and mess around on the vintage setting.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by mexican_shred
It can do low gain well. Cleans are better than the MG. Just go to the shop and mess around on the vintage setting.

Easier said than done, it happens to be rather far, but im going tomorrow.. I just try to do all my research done before I go so I can get more done in less time, seeing as my parents are... rather... pissy, to be frank.
It handles it just fine. I have a single recto and its great for classic rock.

The single recto is nothing like the dual and triple, really. They're much more functional IMO. If you think LOL RECTIFIER = METTLLLLE you're an idiot. Ugh. ****.

The cleans are Meh at best. I suppose theyre better on the rectoverb, but they're a bit stale/dark for my tastes on the solo rectifier.

For a classic tone use the 'pushed' setting on the clean channel or 'vintage' setting on the lead channel. fiddle with the gain and stuff accordingly.