Okay, I play guitar, but I'm getting interested in bass. What are some good bass guitars for beginners, and how 'bout a price if it wouldn't cause you any trouble. And if it does cause you trouble, still do it.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
a fender p bass
This is what you get.
This is what you get.
This what you get when you mess with us.
Try an ibanez,they are usually pretty cheap,or an Jay Turser,that was my first bass.
Les Claypool-Bass god..listen to primus

peace
hey guy!
Have you done any research, looked around, seen any you like?

Good idea to you do that, then you can come back and ask for people's advice on the ones you picked out.

You're a lot more likely to get replies and advice 'cause it shows you're willing to put some effort in.

And anyway, what's your budget; what style do you want to play, etc.?
Mania VB4W natural walnut bass
Ashdown MAG300 1x15 combo - FOR SALE £190 ONO

Yamaha Pacifica 012 - FOR SALE £65 ONO
Laney LC30-II - FOR SALE £230 ONO
my yamaha rwas pretty good but i forgot what it's called. it's in the 150-200 dollar price range.
The Damned Blue Collar Tweeker of the Primus Sucks club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

Flickr

Quote by Tad Walters
11th chords are for fags.
Quote by skateguitar7654
a fender p bass

I agree.

I will have one of my own in a few weeks. (Then I can finally return my friends Fender)
I have one of those generic Ibanez Soundgears. They are incredibly good to learn on, the fretboard is as comfortable as hell, has that classic shape, sturdy, and it has the whole P/L pickup thing going on.
Quote by Niff
I have one of those generic Ibanez Soundgears. They are incredibly good to learn on, the fretboard is as comfortable as hell, has that classic shape, sturdy, and it has the whole P/L pickup thing going on.

agreed,

alot of guitarist's are becoming bassists nowadays
There are literaly dozens of Basses out there that are suitable for beginers, it would have been better to ask which ones to avoid such as the Epiphones EBs for instance.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by John Swift
There are literaly dozens of Basses out there that are suitable for beginers, it would have been better to ask which ones to avoid such as the Epiphones EBs for instance.

true true true!
+1 for the Ibanez Soundgear.

That was my first bass -- bought for $200 new at Guitar Center. Active Electronics, P/J Pickups, comfortable neck, great sound! Not great for slapping, but it'll do just about everything else.