Hey all
I found this really neat guitar that has the abilty to coil tap the two humbuckers down to single coils. Now whilst they are pretty nice pups, id like to whack a pair of seymour duncans i got in there to really beef it up.

I heard that it was possible to coil tap other humbuckers, but as i am NO WAY familiar with how the coil tapping system works i wanst sure if making them work would be feasable.

Any one who could help with wiring for tapping system or just know how it works would be really helpful ill love you!! As i said i do think its possible, but i dont know if seymours would work because the guitars pups are built for it?? Or seymours dont tap down.

Many thanks to ya all Peace
Dood

Pups are ere

http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/humbuckersdescr.shtml#59153Model

Its the SH-10 full shred?
yeah the sh-10 shred should coil tap because it is four conductor cable.
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
Basically, my knowledge is like this - you wire the north and south finish wires together and to a switch, or a push-pull pot, and run another wire to ground. You switch the switch on, and voila! One of the coils shorts out, and makes it sound like a single-coil pickup. I would check out www.guitarelectronics.com for more information
Yeah it's possible.
What sort of switching and tone controls do you want? and i'll find you a diagram.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
ahem.... you mean coil splitting

ahem.... you mean coil shunting
Ahem.... Call it whatever the F you want. To the threadstarter.. What is your guitar's layout? volumes? tones? switching? And what is used to split the coils.
These go to eleven...
^^^as this guy stated.

coil tapping is not coil splitting

Tapping is making another lead wire from somewhere within a coil, this can be done to single coils as well as humbuckers. Splitting is taking leads at the ends of the coil and only applies to pickups featuring more than a single coil, where as tapping can be anywhere within the middle of a coil.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
But we've been through that 100 times, we just need to accept that some n00bs call it tapping.
These go to eleven...
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
But we've been through that 100 times, we just need to accept that some n00bs call it tapping.

Not even, Schecter claims that they have "coil taps" on most C-1 models.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
^Haha, nice.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
you know this guy could've easily checked a few tutorials to find if he could coil split a full shred, but ooooh nooo. that would require more manual labor of the fingers. back before queen made all the damn tutorials on this type of thing, it was still easily found on the interweb. damn new generation

btw, yeah it can be done
Quote by uuhi
Quitting fags was a bitch for me so I started eating more than usual.
Wait, so coil TAPPING makes your pickup like less hot or what?
Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."
You are fighting like a ****ing bunch of girls, or Coldplay Shouldn't we stop arguing, and try to help this guy out?
On second thoughts, I would even saying fighting like Metallica on St. Anger. Coming from a die-hard Metallica fan, that is like blasphemy!