is there a whammy bar i could get installed on my SG, not a floyd rose, that will get the simple job of a wang bar done?
You could get a Bigsby or a Stetsbar. I think both would do fine, but the Bigsby is meant for light vibrato, not massive dives.
what does a stetsbar do? and what is a khaler i hear so much about?
Khaler mounts flat on the body and the stetsbar requires no screw holes at all.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
Ya, the Stetsbar (I think) rests on the pieces that normally hold on the tailpiece.


Quote by MastaBassist10
I've never understood why a routed tremolo (FL, Strat, etc.) can't be put on a Gibson. Why?

They can be put on Les Pauls, they just kind of look funny, and they really kill the sound of the guitar (they basically take out a huge chunk of tonewood.

They can't be put on an SG because the body is far too thin to support the trem.