Looking to get a Fextone III, but just wondering if i should get the 1X12 or 2X12. Is there a big sound difference between the two? Kinda want to go with the cheaper one but if the 2X12 is much better i might shell out another $100.
I had a Flextone III 1x12 combo on loan for a few weeks while my amp was being repaired, and it sounded pretty damn good. I haven't heard the 2 x 12 version, but if the 1 x 12 is any indication, then it should be damn good too. In this case, I'd say to let your wallet do the talking.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
i have teh 112 version...see my sig for sound samples...i never played the 212...im guessing it would have more of a low end...seeing as thats what more speakers usually do to the sound...buttt i love my flextone III 112 and dont find nething wrong with the low end...even if you get the 112 you could always get the 112 extension cab later to go with it and make it like a mini stack
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Because when I was younger I would wrap dollar bills around my wang while masturbating to get that extra dirty feeling.

Even though I quit doing it, it still turns me on when I see money.

Http://magnumman.dmusic.com
Yeah, the low end on the 1 x 12 combo was massive. I found I had to turn the lows down because it was even a little too boomy using the triple recto model (the one i used most of the time).

And the Roland JC-120 and Fender Twin models are absolutely orgasmic for cleans. I got to compare an older Flextone II to both a Fender Twin and a JC-55, and I must say the tones were damn close.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
The Flextone III is the best ****ing piece of equipment line6 put out.

My uncle had one but it was taken as collateral on a debt and eventually sold. I got to play on it a few times and it was amazing... I'd definitely love to try it again.
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
The Flextone III is the best ****ing piece of equipment line6 put out.

My uncle had one but it was taken as collateral on a debt and eventually sold. I got to play on it a few times and it was amazing... I'd definitely love to try it again.

I would say techinically the VettaII is better.... a lot more options...amazing for studio work...HOWEVER...You can get some kick ass tube amps for the price of the Vetta, and if your not in the studio all the time and play live and need a versatile amp that kicks major tonal ass...the flextone III is the best line6 product for you.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Because when I was younger I would wrap dollar bills around my wang while masturbating to get that extra dirty feeling.

Even though I quit doing it, it still turns me on when I see money.

Http://magnumman.dmusic.com
Quote by GuitarJunkie
I would say techinically the VettaII is better.... a lot more options...amazing for studio work...HOWEVER...You can get some kick ass tube amps for the price of the Vetta, and if your not in the studio all the time and play live and need a versatile amp that kicks major tonal ass...the flextone III is the best line6 product for you.

Theres a vetta sitting around in the basement... And its just meh.

Its good, but its not that great. Its got alot of features and stuff but I dont like most of the high-gain amp models, they sound really flat. The cleans are all amazing, though!

That.. and when you plug a mic into the pitch shifter and laugh into it you sound like preadator.. which is ****ing badass.
Last edited by xxgenocide98xx at May 24, 2006,
Yea, I gotta say, the Flextone III is my favorite SS amp. Play both, it's am atter of sound. Let your ears decide not your wallet, and you'll be alot more happy in the end.
"You can practice to attain knowledge, but you can't practice to attain wisdom." - Herbie Hancock