I'm getting sick of my Vox Pathfinder 15R's terrible overdrive/distortion sound, even through a Boss MT-2 (Metal Zone)..so I think its time for a new amp. Do you guys have any recommendations? I love the metal tones of Children of Bodom, Arch Enemy, and In Flames...but an amp that was good at rock/blues too would be even better. Thanks.
Roland Cube. Great for metal, and you can coax some very nice bluesy/jazzy tones out of it. General rock tones aren't too hot though.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Yea I'd say a roland cube.
The Don of the UG Mafia, PM me to join the family.

General of the Rage Against the Myspace Club, PM me to enlist.

Member #2 of the 'Shut the fuck up and respect other people's music' Club.' PM TheGospelOfRob to join.
Vox Valvetronix is pretty good. Not as good as the cube series for metal but it beats them in just about everything else.
the 60 or micro are your best bets and if ur gunna go weith vox go 50 watt plus
VOX AD50 VT+crappy "Fender" from COSTCO!=ok tone!
I need a new guitar
Save up for the 60, it's worth it.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
I'd say go with a Vox Valvetronix and some sort of distortion pedal. It'll have a better clean/rock/blues sound and almost as good of a distortion. I'd only reccomned the CUbe to someone who is playing straight hard rock/metal, and judging by your avatar, you are not. (For all the cube fanboys, I'm not dissing the cube it just doesn't have as good of a sound for Clean/Rock/Blues.)
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email