So i'm in the market for a new guitar, I was thinking of getting a Standard Tele (Fender) but I don't know how much gain it can hold. I play some old punk (Dead Kennedys) alt rock (incubus, red hot chili peppers) and some 60's-70's rock, And I was wondering if you guys think a tele' could do all that?
Peter: "I read it in a book one time."
Brian: "are you sure? are you sure it wasn't just NOTHING!!!!??!?"
Peter: "Oh yeah..."
I believe so, single coils give a good punk tone. I know that that John from the chillis uses a Tele.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Yeah Probably could do that. it does have a bright sound and a sota "twang" to it which would do good for punk and alternative. John Frusciante
uses a strat not a tele though
fresh fruit for rotting vegetables was recorded with a tele knockoff so i say yeah
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
i think a tele would be great.. it has amazing cleans and u can get some twangy distortion .. john frusciante uses telecasters aswell as his more popular strat .. he uses teles on songs like give it away.. nice guitars man lol
sweet, thanks you guys. -afterschool special moment where we have exagerated smiles-
Peter: "I read it in a book one time."
Brian: "are you sure? are you sure it wasn't just NOTHING!!!!??!?"
Peter: "Oh yeah..."