For a while I was thinking of buying a fuzz pedal, but none fit my requirments quite correctly...so I'll build one. I'm thinking of a fuzz that could range Hendrix-Cream-Queens of the Stone Age-Kyuss (basically stoner-rock)

Requirments:
Good quality, and fairly small, case to hold everything. Like made out of metal.
True Bypass (I think most plans won't have this, so if anyone could draw it onto a plan I would greatly appreciate it)
DC Power (Again, would most plans have this?
All the parts

If anyone could show me a good plan that would be nice, because I don't want to pick a plan at random when it could be bad, no matter how hard I try.

I would greatly appreciate any schematics and/or help. Another thing I would like is if you have any preferences of changing certain resistors, be free to tell me, this is after all, a project.

EDIT: Should someone try to alter the plans for This Fuzz? Does this one look good?
primusfan
It's better with no teeth, trust me. Much fewer scars on my penis now that I've switched from seniors in high school to senior citizens.
Last edited by Hypnot1st at May 23, 2006,
I'm not sure if DC power is the correct term, I simply mean I want it not battery-powered.

EDIT: I think I just messed up, doesn't that schem I found have everything I wanted?
primusfan
It's better with no teeth, trust me. Much fewer scars on my penis now that I've switched from seniors in high school to senior citizens.
You really need to tweak fuzzfaces out a bit and use germanium tranistors if you want to get the tone they're know for out of them.

To make it work well with silicon transitors try this: http://runoffgroove.com/sili-face.html
(theres a PCB layout on there or you can just build it on perfboard).

You could try messing around with with the value of the input and output capacitors a bit depending on how much low end you want (the originals had a 0.01uF one on the output )

the bypass and other offboard wirings can be prettymuch generalized to any pedal. All you need to know where the input of the circuit is, where the output is, and where to connect +9V as well as where to connect ground and you're set.
View this for reference: http://tonepad.com/getFileInfo.asp?id=76