So I have a C-1 E/A semi-hollow and an omen 6, but i wanna get a more vintage classic sound so i wanna add a fender to my collection. Here are the two I was thinking of,

My favorite right now --> http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/FenderLimitedEditionDeluxeVintagePlayer62Stratocaster?sku=511986

Second--> http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/FenderAmericanStratocasterElectricGuitar?sku=510590

Also, What do u guys think about the SRV strat? If u have any other Fenders to recommend please do so!

Thanks!

Steve
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
the first one will give more of a classic sound, but IMO that butterscotch maple ameri-strat is teh sex
on a topic of how you would like to be buried...

Quote by Jacob6293
in a coffin, underground, next to my wife.

Quote by tylerishot
Me too. But only if she's alive.

Alot of people say the differences between an American strat and a Mexican Strat aren't that huge. So, if you're looking to spend a grasnd, I'd go with the first one.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Thanks guys, yea thats my favorite one so far, and yes Blink Rock, that butterscotch is y im still looking at it
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
i personally would tell ya to go with a Telecaster, a nice old vintage look and sound
...shun the nonbeliever...
Telecasters are quite nice Ill take a look at some, I love their sound
Fender USA Deluxe Ash Strat Cherry Sunburst Maple Fretboard FOR THE MOTHERFUCKIN' WIN!
haha
How about one of the 50's/60's models? The necks on the 50s ones are amazing, and I'd hope you could get a good vintage tone out of them.
I'd say go for the first one. and if in time you don't like the pickguard you can always just change it
Quote by bassmo_part2
Embryodead even if she was the hottest thing on the planet, there are lines you just don't cross and on my side of the line we don't finger our sisters.

Official Member of the I <3 Schecter's Club, PM Schecter-06 to join
ahh alright, yea those are quite nice!
Quote by Roc8995
I meant these:
50's
60's
70's

Those are very nice. I considered buying one because I love the glossy vintage neck. But I don't like the fact that you can't adjust the truss rod without having to remove the pickguard. The truss rod nut is hidden in the neck pocket.

Also, these classic models are MIM. I've seen an Esquire of the same series have misaligned tuners, which was a disappointment.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

Last edited by Armored Artist at May 23, 2006,
Quote by Armored Artist
Those are very nice. I considered buying one becaus I love the glossy vintage neck. But I don't like the fact that you can't adjust the truss rod without having to remove the pickguard. The truss rod nut is hidden in the neck pocket.

That's just the 50's one, right? I wouldn't really let that stop me. SOOO good looking!
Yeah, the 60's Strat has a special routing in the pickguard to let you access the truss rod. And the 70's Strat has a bullet nut at the headstock.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior