I know my amp only has a tube or 2 in the preamp, but when time comes for replacing, It says to order the stock tubes, but are there tubes that could make it sound better??? IE Higher Output, better towards hard rock
Last edited by Member at May 23, 2006,
You can't. And the way it's constructed is that you have a preamp tube in the power amp section, which is supposed to help with warmth and low-volume distortion.
Hi, I'm Peter
okay then....are there BETTER tubes than what came with my amo that might do SOMETHING to helo my tone???
the tube it comes with is already a really nice tube.......its a 12ax7 EH which is like the nicest one.........it will void the warranty and sound not as good if u change it
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
many people have tried switching out the tubes only to find that the stock one is the best sound tube of its kind.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
so even a sweet Mesa Boogie Tube....nothing...so is it really THE BEST??
Quote by V12prowler
the tube it comes with is already a really nice tube.......its a 12ax7 EH which is like the nicest one.........it will void the warranty and sound not as good if u change it

yes, and they are preamp tubes, which will give you better tube distortion with less power needing to actually run through the amp
12ax7's are quite nice tubes, if you can't get a good tone from the amp its your/your guitar's fault (although probably yours, you can set up that vox to sound like anything)

what guitar are you running into this amp? any out board effects?
No i have NO tone problems, I love this amp! I can get any sound I want out of it , I know, I go from some Chris Isaak Blues to Metallica and it still sounds like gold.

I just wanted to know if there were any BETTER tubes when the time came to change them