Hi
This summer i'll get a new guitar. I want to spend maximum 700CDN$ on it. Since the only guitar i own is a stratocaster copy i got for 20 bucks in a garage sale, i need a good, do-everything guitar...It's been two years and a half that i play guitar now and i need a better thing than my crap.
What should i get.
The one i have in mind right now is the Ibanez RG350 DX. Is it a good choice?
Thanks
The Ibanez is a good choice. You should also look in to Yamaha guitars, such as the Pacifica 812V, it has Seymour Duncan pickups and Sperzel locking tuners and the finish is great (either a transparent blue or sunburst).
Member of the Natalie Portman club.

Quote by Jaimz
Yeh you might wanna check that out, finger impregnations are pretty common nowadays.
Quote by RTB_Chris
I've been playing for over 15 years, and all of my main guitars are Squiers.
I also looked at some Epiphone like the SG-400 something...is Epiphone good anyways?
Epiphone isn't bad. The SG is more aimed towards metal though. What kind of music do you play?

Quote by Jaimz
Yeh you might wanna check that out, finger impregnations are pretty common nowadays.
Quote by RTB_Chris
yeah, the higher end epi's are pretty good. My friends got one and really likes it. There on par with mexican strats in quality.
Humm i play some punk-ish things like Sum 41 and Fall Out Boy but also some metal like Static-X, Korn (dont want a 7-str...lol) and SOAD. I also play some smooth things like Nickelback and 3 doors down...a lot of different things.
Oh and i run that through a peavey studio pro 112 and ill get a metal master pedal soon
Most of those artists play with humbuckers meaning that you could go for the SG, if you think you might want more of a variety of tones I'd go for the Ibanez or Yamaha check it out:http://www.yamaha.ca/content/guitar/products/electricguitars/PAC812V/keyfeatures.jsp

Quote by Jaimz
Quote by RTB_Chris
Okay thanx that helped me a lot..ill probably go for the ibanez cuz i dont want to get stuck in a particular tone
shecter C-1 hellraiser
Motley Crue 2/11/06!
Motley Crue/Aerosmith 11/21/06!
Sanctity/BLS 3/12/07!
Bleeding Through/Slayer/Manson-7/25/07!
A7x/Operator/the Confession/Black Tide 11/25/07!
Van Halen 2/12/07!
Quote by HaKattack
No, I wouldn't. My bear's penis is off limits.