Do you think the classic rock forum would be able to get an album of the week/month/whatever thread going like the modern rock forum has? I think it would be awesome, theres a lot more you could tell about the history, it's impact, etc.

So what do you guys think? Mods?
Member #1 of the Mars Volta club. Pm happytimeharry to join
I think its a good idea, but I'm not a mod so I have no say in it, well except my opinion. Try PM'ing one of the Classic Rock mods.
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
I think it's a good idea, I'd rather do slightly more obscure albums though. Stuff that you can find, but isn't already in every person's collection. I imagine we all have Dark Side of the Moon and stuff like that.

And PM one or two of the mods. It's probably already been tried, but if there's enough interest and people actually do it I don't see why it wouldn't work.
: Meh..I wouldn't count on it. But you never know. Maybe you'll catch jono or andrew in a particularily jaunty mood.
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
^ yeah, and half of the people who signed up for it did not submit a damn article so I trashed the idea.

that is the reason we dont have one today.

sorry, but the 12 year old kids who sign up just dont produce a damn thing, and I worked damn hard to put it together!

UG NMA Member #2

Gil Grissom PWNS YOU!
Quote by jono034
^ yeah, and half of the people who signed up for it did not submit a damn article so I trashed the idea.

sorry, but the 12 year old kids who sign up just dont produce a damn thing, and I worked damn hard to put it together!

Maybe we should have a classic rock awards thread?
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
Quote by Derigiberble
Maybe we should have a classic rock awards thread?

Aaand the Anti-Page award goes to....
Quote by psychodelia
Aaand the Anti-Page award goes to....

Plus best tranny
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Quote by jono034

Always happens when you try to organise on this site.
If someone wants to do one I'll have no problem with it, but don't get your hopes up that it'll work out as an on-going thing.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I liked the AOTWs. Bring them back!
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
ill do one, and you guys know im reliable, because i already contributed to the classic rock bio site, so how bout we have one but if you dont produce,

BAN
Yeah, they were pretty awesome. There was such a long waiting list. I remember waiting for like, 3-4 months just to write mine. And I still ended up writing it the night I had to send it in. It'd be great to have back, but I imagine that, as with last time, it will be hard to get dedication.
^So maybe the list of peple who sign up should go through some sort of screening with a mod to prove they will be reliable enough to be allowed to be part of the project? I don't know....just throwing an idea out there. Don't ask me too indepth about it
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Set it up, have people select general albums and dates for the articles. You have a grace period to get the article in, and if that is not met, another person can submit an article and the album is up for grabs. So if some moron picks an album that others want and doesn't submit an article, it becomes fair game.

Since I will have no school in two weeks, I'll have plenty of time to write.
I'll do one for sure.
Member #1 of the Mars Volta club. Pm happytimeharry to join
if you guys want to set one up, I will sticky them. But I refuse to do it again myself. I put in alot of work trying to get people to sign up, turn theirs in, and proof-reading, fixing pictures, etc. I just dont want to go through all of that just to have 10 out of 20 people never post again when it just happens to be their turn.
UG NMA Member #2

Gil Grissom PWNS YOU!
Quote by jono034
if you guys want to set one up, I will sticky them. But I refuse to do it again myself. I put in alot of work trying to get people to sign up, turn theirs in, and proof-reading, fixing pictures, etc. I just dont want to go through all of that just to have 10 out of 20 people never post again when it just happens to be their turn.

I'll be willing to give you a hand if you want, seen as i'm too lazy to write any articles myself.

Quote by CornLord

Why not just sign up the week before in the actual AOTW thread? Just no one can do two in a month (four week period). That way the person can get prepared for it during the week and there's no hassle about people not doing one as no one is going to leave in a week (unless they're unlucky).

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Personally I loved and miss the old AOTW and BOTW threads. I learned a ton of great info about bands I never would've listened to from those threads.

I think the only way to keep it afloat would be to place a warning on anyone who signs up and doesn't submit their article on time. I remember I used to have to write one up the night before the deadline because some asshole signed up 6 months in waiting and then left the site. Happened at least four times. I think (this may soon rather elitist but bear with me) that submissions should be restricted to people who have proven that they contribute to this forum/site or have been here for a long time. It may also help to not make such a long waiting list... maybe four articles in advance the sign up can be addresed? Long waiting lists just leave a huge gash of no longer active users ahead of the would-actually-contributers so that the whole project gets shut down before they get a chance to contribute.

I can help with the organization if you guys need it... just let me know. Im hoping to spend alot more time on UG come summer time in two weeks so I've got time on my hands.
^^that sounds good to me. I too liked the AOTWs and BOTWs...I used them as one of my resources for research when I bought CDs
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
thats sounds good, but i wish i could do one, but i wasnt here for a long time, and every one hates me for making two alice cooper threads,
^i can do that, i just felt that i wasted alot of time dealing with it last year. i hope it goes alot better this time because when it was doing well, i really enjoyed reading some of them.

UG NMA Member #2

Gil Grissom PWNS YOU!
Quote by wilty00
Is it okay if I start this again Jono?

In the words of Arnie, "do it".
Seriously, advanced organisation doesn't work very well for these things so if you're willing to write one, do it and it'll get stickied.

RateYourMusic
Hooray I will know which CDs to buy.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?