im probably gonna get a tube screamer with my new peavey 212 valveking i found for 450$. Im just wondering, whats the difference between the ts9, ts9DX, and ts808. Is there really a tone difference or is it just the quality of the metal or something stupid like that? thanks in advanc e
Member of the LeDzEp LoVeRbOy is a pirate hooker fan club. PM fenderfreak101 or me_and_my_esp to join.
Quote by fenderfreak101
sorry i dont understand dumbass language.

Member #8 of the "Can't we forget about all the subgenres & just ROCK?" group PM rockon1824
different tones. the ts9 is the best imho.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
really? cuz thats the cheapest. and also if this helps any body, im not using it with a clean amp, im lookin for the best one that i can use to boost a distorted tone to a really distorted tone
Member of the LeDzEp LoVeRbOy is a pirate hooker fan club. PM fenderfreak101 or me_and_my_esp to join.
Quote by fenderfreak101
sorry i dont understand dumbass language.

Member #8 of the "Can't we forget about all the subgenres & just ROCK?" group PM rockon1824
Well when you get it could you tell us how it goes, Im looking for a similar setup to yours, actually its going to be exactly the same.

Interesting that hte tubescreamer is described by Ibanez as the worlds most popular solid-state overdrive because it sounds tube-like. nd I was thinking it got its name because it was made to drive tubes....
The difference between the TS9 and TS808 is 2 resistors and the model of the opamp used (and I think I've read that they're not even using the original one in their current reissue of the TS808). The TS808 has got more of a boost and is slightly more transparent.