so as we all know by now, the sex pistols recently refused to attend their induction to the Rock and Roll hall of fame.......but i recently heard ( it may be a rumour) that the Sex Pistols are going to allow certain companies to use their songs in their commercials. Like i only remember the Land Rover company as an example...i couldn't believe my ears when i heared this...so is it true? did the Sex Pistols sell out?
Quote by greendayguitar
Wow, that looks extremely good, thank you mcuhly RadioHead22, for your amazing gift of foodiness.

M E S H U G G A H
well i have heard rumors that they are giving permission to some companies to use their songs, so yeah, but then again, do you consider led zeppelin sell outs?
Quote by drunkinkoala
It's weird, kids want to be adults and adults want to be kids.

Quote by HarmlessLilF*ck
You know you're a guitar player when you would rather use the internet to look at pictures of guitars than spread eagled chicks.
Quote by saulhudsonslash
well i have heard rumors that they are giving permission to some companies to use their songs, so yeah, but then again, do you consider led zeppelin sell outs?

Sellouts?

Led Zeppelin were watered down corporate crap rock from the start...
Quote by sargasm
Sellouts?

Led Zeppelin were watered down corporate crap rock from the start...

You should join my Club.
"This shit here's called Death"
"What the fuck? You mean I'm gonna hit this shit and die?"
"No Nigga! I said Deaf. You hit this and you aint gonna hear shit!"
Quote by JohnnyNapalm
You should join my Club.

You know, if you think about it, the phrase "kiss my ass" is pretty hilarious.
SIZE]
Why on earth are we discussing such a crap band.

Back to the Pistols. Who cares really. It's not the first punk band you'll hear on TV and it won't be the last. The Ramones have been doing this sort of thing for a lot longer but noone complains. I suggest you listen to daddy day when the kids start to go crazy. I wanna be sedated is fairly audible.

And Matt, I wouldn't let a Zeppelin band member or any of their fans near my ass...
I don't consider this "selling out." I consider selling out to be changing your image / sound so that you can make cash.

Anyway, wouldn't it be a good thing if people got a good dose of some real punk every once in a while? Just to show what punk actually is?
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
^Amen to that.

Remember that the Pistols modus operandi was to rip as much money from the corporations as they possibly could AKA "Cash From Chaos".
It's not fair to judge them based on the ideals that arose from hippies like Crass, who re-defined what "selling out" was.
....so apparently they sold out before...(someone said that)..how did they before...?

P.S- this is just a thread for some info, not an anti- sex pistols thread..thank you to those who actually had something to say about the topic
Quote by greendayguitar
Wow, that looks extremely good, thank you mcuhly RadioHead22, for your amazing gift of foodiness.

M E S H U G G A H
well, i do beleive there was an article about the sex pistols selling out. there doing all this stupid stuff like selling their music to companies, making sex pistols action figgures and apparently they were going to make a sex pistols musical. well i confess to being a fan, but a sex pistols musical would be terrible, lmao
Quote by spiderfizz
well, i do beleive there was an article about the sex pistols selling out. there doing all this stupid stuff like selling their music to companies, making sex pistols action figgures and apparently they were going to make a sex pistols musical. well i confess to being a fan, but a sex pistols musical would be terrible, lmao

Haha

I can see the action figures right now:

"The new Sid Vicious action figure complete with drug paraphernalia, unplugged base, and abused girlfriend!"
Exactly! It's not like Rotten hasn't told us all before that it's all about the money.

I think his idea is better than crass ethos of make a dollar and you've sold out.