I have been contemplating on what guitar to get for awhile. I play (in no order that would make one seem better or that I play more, except punk which I barely play) indie, alt, rock, harcore, screamo, and barely punk. I love At the Drive-in and Thursday and would like to play like them. Basically my price range is up to 1,700$ so if you feel that strong about a guitar reccomend it. I know I should go to a music shop for those of you a-holes who are going to say "how stupid are you. go to the music shop and play some". To those idiots I am asking your opinion. I am asking your opinion but be in mind what I like not just what you like. THANK YOU!
Last edited by Mikelikesit at May 23, 2006,
The PRS probably has a lot more tonal variety and I'm sure it's better in general seeing that PRS are classified as some of the best guitars in the world. The ESP also has EMG pickups that aren't really suited for clean sounds it's really more of just a metal guitar while the PRS is an all around. You might want to look in to an Ibanez RG that is a little less expensive, or maybe some Schecters?
Member of the Natalie Portman club.

Quote by Jaimz
Yeh you might wanna check that out, finger impregnations are pretty common nowadays.
Quote by RTB_Chris
I've been playing for over 15 years, and all of my main guitars are Squiers.
Last edited by theshermanator at May 23, 2006,
Might want to check out a Gibson SG supreme. Or a Carvin CT6M ( Their a better quality guitar than PRS, and just overall way better than a PRS) I would go to a guitar store and try out some guitars just to get a feel for what you like.
Maybe the Carvin, looks nice great values. The Eclipse 2 is only $1400 locally half the price of a PRS so it would get a good look by me, the one I played at the store was great imo, Id def get it over a Gibson LP.
Eclipse II w/seymour duncans then you can get them changed to different pickups to suit your needs
Quote by theshermanator
The PRS probably has a lot more tonal variety and I'm sure it's better in general seeing that PRS are classified as some of the best guitars in the world. The ESP also has EMG pickups that aren't really suited for clean sounds it's really more of just a metal guitar while the PRS is an all around. You might want to look in to an Ibanez RG that is a little less expensive, or maybe some Schecters?
Are you kidding

EMG 60s have the most wonderful clean you can imagine (in the neck)
Quote by CustomCustom
Maybe the Carvin, looks nice great values. The Eclipse 2 is only $1400 locally half the price of a PRS so it would get a good look by me, the one I played at the store was great imo, Id def get it over a Gibson LP.

Absolutely. I'd get an Eclipse over a Gibson any day. IMO, they're much better guitars for less money.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by CustomCustom
Yes but I would get one on ebay. They would be 1,400 to 1,700.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Eclipse II w/seymour duncans then you can get them changed to different pickups to suit your needs
Well then what pickups. And I also heard that emg 60s have good cleans and 81s are good for metal, so that seems pretty versatile.
Yes they are versatile. 60 has great cleans, I found it fuller, more "robust" so to speak than the 59s, with more clarity. And the EMG 81 is great for metal, but as long as you keep the gain down it can be great for rock as well.

Anyway overall I'd say the Eclipse II over the PRS. The Eclipse, and I know this is opinion, plays better to me. I prefer the jumbo frets to the small fender-ish ones on PRS, it has a thinner, more comfortable neck, andI like the pickups better. Not to mention you can barely touch a custom 22 in that price range, new at least.
clips
Gear
  • Framus Cobra Head
  • Peavey 5150 Head
  • Marshall MF280 4x12 Cab
  • PRS Custom 24 w/ 3-Way/Coil Tap
  • Ibanez RGT220A w/ EMG 85 Neck/81 Bridge
  • Rack w/ BBE 482i, Hush Super C, and Furman