would a fender standard telecaster be good for like pop-punk/emo and some metal? gimme some feedbi-zz-ack homiezz.
I don't jump around when I go to shows.
I've seen telecasters being played anywhere from pop to country to metal. It all depends on what pickups you have installed in the guitar. If you want to play metal you'll need to change the pickups or get a Warmoth guitar (custom telecaster replicas)
Member of the Natalie Portman club.

Quote by Jaimz
Yeh you might wanna check that out, finger impregnations are pretty common nowadays.
Quote by RTB_Chris
I've been playing for over 15 years, and all of my main guitars are Squiers.
No, unless you swap out the pups for some high-output ones, like...

Dare I say it?

EMGs?

WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Don't dirty his mind Kartman. Some seymour duncans would be nice: http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/teles.shtml
Member of the Natalie Portman club.

Quote by Jaimz
Yeh you might wanna check that out, finger impregnations are pretty common nowadays.
Quote by RTB_Chris
I've been playing for over 15 years, and all of my main guitars are Squiers.
Yeah

Teles have to be about the only guitar i've seen in practically every genre of music. Indie especially, hardcore, emo, country, rock, punk sometimes

But listen to them ^ if you want to play metal youll probably need a pup replacement
thanks a bunch for the feedback guys! i'll be getting a telecaster soon this year, and i'll definitely be replacing the pickups.
I don't jump around when I go to shows.