I'm really getting into learning solos now (fun ****!) but I'm trying to get the next step. I can pretty much play anything by Led Zeppelin (although I've only learned Black Dog, Stairway, and a few others) with practice, most Black Sabbath, you know, the pentatonic classic rockish stuff. I can play the somebody get me a doctor solo too, that was my expansion solo hehe. I tried Mr Crowley....and got shot down. So obviously I need something in between.

Soo.. out of classic rock, the lighter side of metal (ozzy, black label), and 80s rock (van halen etc), what are some cool solos that are a bit more...expansive than Zepp/AcDC/Sabbath, but not quite as hard as say, Mr Crowley. Somebody Get Me a Doctor was really good, it was just easy enough for me to play, and hard enough for me to feel really accomplished.

Anyway...thanks.
Originally Posted by Corwinoid
Metal doesn't hold hands, it gets head in the van before the show. Seriously.

Whole Lotta Love and Can I Play With Madness are probably on the easy side for you, but they're fun.

Or try some Metallica maybe.
The Black Album aint too heavy.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
I actually forgot to mention I know Whole Lotta Love too...but who is that madness song by?

And unfortunately I'm not too into metallica, dont have any of their songs.

This might be alittle to heavy for your taste, but learn the cowboys from hell solo from pantera, its a great solo.
I actually love pantera. And I like fade to black, I heard it on a friends ipod.

CFH is a ****ing great song but I dont think I can quite play that ....it's got some FAST parts. I can try though...and I'll check the IM out too. thx

Mr. Brownstone - GNR
Epiphone LP Classic, LP Tribute+
Fender MIM Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall Class 5 Head, 1960a Cabinet
Carvin G412T
Fulltone OCD
Boss DS-1, SD-1 & DM-2
EHX Metal Muff
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Fab Chorus
Digitech Whammy