can you guys tell me why everyones Raving over a Les Paul?

the down side is i havnt heard one yet. but sorry to be a bit "vain" i dont really like how it looks...

can you guys fill me in about the Les Paul?..
BE POSITIVE ABOUT BEING NEGATIVE!!!!!
There's lots of Les Pauls....

If you're talking about Gibsons, it's probably because they're good sounding/looking/playable guitars.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
And bloody expensive..

Its just a guitar alot of players prefer and like. Its been around for ages.
Les Paul is adored for its sweet sustain, good looks, and beefy tones. Its used by the Paige, Slash, so of course people adore it.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
but why? why issit more preferable? i own an SG...issit inferior to a Les Paul *btw i've been thinking of getting a les paul also*
Oh yes it's very expensive. I have an Epiphone (for 450?) very good-looking(sunburst) and very good playable...and the sound is so warm and...this guitar is just kewl.
Knedl mid Soß. Des moga!
Quote by catchtherainbow
but why? why issit more preferable? i own an SG...issit inferior to a Les Paul *btw i've been thinking of getting a les paul also*

It just is. Don't ask me, I'm a Fender guy. I think it has to do with it looks, the sustain, the tone, and probably alot of peoples idols play a LP, so of course they want it.
Quote by paulefty
hahaha my idol is Iommi though..hahaha but it just makes me wonder why people prefer a Les Paul over an SG or even a Strat or EVEN an Ibanez!
Quote by catchtherainbow
hahaha my idol is Iommi though..hahaha but it just makes me wonder why people prefer a Les Paul over an SG or even a Strat or EVEN an Ibanez!

Its all preference.
Quote by paulefty
hmm...i do find very little difference....so why the preference? but i think there is DIFFERENCE...thats why there is preference..hahaha LES PAUL \m/
Because the les paul has a single cutaway, and it is heavier than you are.

The tone is very full, beefy, jerky beef!
It is amazingly expensive
Nice wood
ugly single cutaway (i like double cutaways more)
Quote by Invictious
Because the les paul has a single cutaway, and it is heavier than you are.

The tone is very full, beefy, jerky beef!
It is amazingly expensive
Nice wood
ugly single cutaway (i like double cutaways more)

i admit heavy
i admit expensive
i agree nice wood
BUT UGLy???!!! WTF?

its bloody beautiful- simple, elegant, orgasmic