Ok well I had to write the music for a student film I'm doing with a group. This is what came out as the intro to the film. Ya know, where there's no words etc. It was all recorded as loops so we can build the song up from the loops to fit the footage best.

This is one such song built up from the loops. The mixing isn't perfect, nor have I added any effects or anything but I just throught I'd post it as it's been a while.

The lead has a couple of mistakes but they're cool and it was improvised anyway.

http://hhm.dmusic.com
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Really does sound like the intro to a movie.

Can I just ask though - "hula hoop mafia"?
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
That was made in 2003, I misheard a song lyric and stuck that as my dmusic.

Oh how times change lol
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
The bends sound a bit false, I know it's hard to do on acoustic. But I would still prefer if you would slide it, for an example. Also try to use some invertions of those chords, it sounds pretty dull as it is. No offence, though. I respect that you write your own music.

I also have no clue about what kind of atmosphere this song is ment to give. It needs more instruments, if you ask me. Maybe some synth playing the chords along in whole notes? I love film music myself, I listen a lot too it. They're spectular masterpieces most of the time, with whole orchestra's 'n stuff, I prefer those actually "songwrited" songs over these "playing chords with guitar and solo over it" pieces. Again no offence, they're pro's, we aren't. But I hope you get my drift now, this needs more instruments and a more obvious atmosphere.

I would appreciate it if you would leave a reply in my jazz improv recording thread as well:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=363699

it was pretty good, personally it didnt conjure up many images in my mind, so i dont know how it would work for a movie, but it was alright.

I agree with mos though, abuot the bends. If you could clean those up and maybe add some other instruments behind it, even just synth like he said, to make it spacier, thatd be cool.

It may sound better raw, just guitar though, but either way, i liked it. If you want you can find mine somewhere on the forums page, btu im too lazy to get a link so dont worry about it.