japan all the way. Have you seen the build quality on those ibanez guitars. Japan by now probably makes better quality instruments than America
Better quality does come from Japan. Hence the elimination of Fender Japan in the 90s. They were producing numerously times BETTER guitars than America.

If you need Fender Japan guitars, look on the Kisekae Tele site, there should be a couple links there.
Without a doubt Japan. Their high end guitars will easily meet or surpass anything produced in the US.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Japan pisses all over Mexico - German style.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
well were not talkin about just ibanez.....anyone know of caparison? probs best quality guitars in the world. definitely go japanese on the purchase. but that doesnt mean beat the **** out of it with kung fu
Japan. All the japanese fenders I've played have been really nice, they sure know how to get it done over there. Yamaha guitars - the name might scare most away but they produce really nice playing instruments as well.. very solid for the price.

"i think i'm turning japanese - i really think so"
my gear:
Applause GTX model AR22TR (guitar)
GoldTone Elektrick EBT (elektrick banjo)
Rogue VB-100 Violin Bass
Crappy Fender "frontman" amp
Bubble-gum and assorted candy
Quote by steamin'
well were not talkin about just ibanez.....anyone know of caparison? probs best quality guitars in the world. definitely go japanese on the purchase. but that doesnt mean beat the **** out of it with kung fu

yes and for the records caparison pisses all over gibsons (waiting for gibson fan-boys to flame me) oh btw im digging the look of the caparison hgs guitars
Quote by Lespauljames
hey guys a liitle help plz,
my g/f is lookin 4 a new guitar and we have been down 2 the local shop and tried out a 60'th aniversarry standard fender strat made in mehico,
she has been told that better quality comes from japan, whaddayathink?

I have a 60th anniversary MIM Strat, she will like it, and won't likely find anything wrong with it, though she should play one first.
lol let her play it. Japanese quality surpasses everything these days. I got a Rg1570, for such a low price, and the birth of all Prestiges are now here. Try check out the japanese fenders if she like fender styles. ON a website???

But if not try to make her look into ibanez or if she so scary, esp lol.

Wasnt there a Gibson Japanese Les paul that pwned all the gibsons when their quality sucked really really bad? like the 90s it was i dunno....?
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
^There was a 70's Ibanez LP that got sued the **** out of for basically being better than Gibson...
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Click.
Japan>Mexico for Fenders.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by Resiliance
^There was a 70's Ibanez LP that got sued the **** out of for basically being better than Gibson...

Damn!! Whoever has one of them must be reaaall lucky! thanks for the info
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
yes and for the records caparison pisses all over gibsons (waiting for gibson fan-boys to flame me) oh btw im digging the look of the caparison hgs guitars

Yeah until you see the price tag of the custom shop guitars from japan...

They're worse than guitars from America! Jesus christ.
I'd have a hard time believing that Mexico could make anything better than Japan, but my 2006 mim Strat is so damn nice and high quality, I mean this guitar is just smokin.. so if Japan makes em better man they MUST be nice
There are three MIM strats in the house right now, all of them are up to par with MIJ or MIA strats. Most of the difference is in the setup, really. So if you know how to set a guitar up.. and you don't care about the MIA stamp, you can save yourself a pretty penny
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
Yeah until you see the price tag of the custom shop guitars from japan...

They're worse than guitars from America! Jesus christ.

but should it be quality over quantity
Quote by azn_guitarist25
but should it be quality over quantity

I'm talking about custom guitars from Japan and custom guitars from America.

Like the ESP jap vs ESP usa, or Jackson jap vs Jackson USA.

When I go on there and do the currency conversions and stuff it seems insane... Then again I guess alot of ESP signatures are incredibly expensive to begin with.

The quality are pretty much the same. I give either custom shop alot of credit (especially jackson, they make amazing guitars..)

Not saying it isnt worth it, but DAMN.

On a production level I <3 jap guitars. Japanese fenders are some of the best, as are Japanese jacksons... My personal favorite is a SL-3, shave the neck and throw an OFR on there and you have a $2500 guitar for $1200
err wtf? they're japan only?

The guy at the dealer was lying to me, haha.

I never really cared about where they were made.. but sheesh.

EDIT:

Wikipedia (as unreliable as they are) says they opened a branch in NY to cater to american artists.. so I'd assume that means they make guitars in america, too. ESP does at least, since all the "ESP" are handmade.
Last edited by xxgenocide98xx at May 25, 2006,
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
err wtf? they're japan only?

The guy at the dealer was lying to me, haha.

I never really cared about where they were made.. but sheesh.

EDIT:

Wikipedia (as unreliable as they are) says they opened a branch in NY to cater to american artists.. so I'd assume that means they make guitars in america, too. ESP does at least, since all the "ESP" are handmade.

nope even alexi laiho has a japan custom shop models, wait i thinks its THREE models. they cater for the request im sure
Quote by Resiliance

same with tokais.

I got a MIJ tokai les paul 2nd hand for £400 is is 10 times better than my friends gibson les paul studio which he paid £600 for.
^Yep.

Click.