Hi.

I have a spare set of strings for an acoustic, and am in need of a new set of strings for my electric. Would I get away with using them? Or will the coating around the core prevent the pick-ups from conducting and being induced by the string movement?

Thanks.
They're not that thick, by any standards. They're 12-53, which is quite common for those playing heavier music.

I know they won't damage the pick-ups, it's just, will the pick-ups be able to conduct the core through the coating?!

Thanks.
it kinda depend if your neck is set up for 12's, i mean if you've been running 10's or something lighter it will definely deflect it a little
Quote by McClean05
Sweep picking if i could actually get faster at it. But overall . . everything. Every technique in guitar playing is worth learning or playing. Nice thread by the way
Quote by hotroderguy
it kinda depend if your neck is set up for 12's, i mean if you've been running 10's or something lighter it will definely deflect it a little

But that can be solved by setting the guitar up again, which isn't a problem, it just takes time. My concern is that I'll get the strings on there, and the pick-ups won't be able to... pick up.

Thanks.
thats true, well i guess if you have the time and skillz, what could it hurt to try just go for and if it don't work take'm off and ger electric string next time your able
Quote by McClean05
Sweep picking if i could actually get faster at it. But overall . . everything. Every technique in guitar playing is worth learning or playing. Nice thread by the way
they did this in the 50s and earlier, when electric guitar strings didnt exist. buddy holly for example.
Quote by mishra
they did this in the 50s and earlier, when electric guitar strings didnt exist. buddy holly for example.

Interesting fact there, Mishra! Thanks.
why not just buy new electric strings? less to worry about.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
My nipples. WHAT ARE THEY FOR?!?!?!?!
Quote by nick dixon
Put your penis in a raging hot fire, that should melt the bottle off
Quote by Leonheart
4e574e57363g, despite your first post on a thread almost always being PWNT you kickass.
^x2
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Quote by 4e574e57363g
why not just buy new electric strings? less to worry about.

Fair comment, but I was just wondering if they would work or not. You never know when you'll just need that one spare string, right there and then!
It could work. But since acoustic are .12's, if your neck wasn't properly setup, it'd warp.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
I once used martin's Acoustic .014, friggin thick, and I regretted it

It took me 1 week to fix (the neck was bent like a moon)