Ive been playing bass since September and im in a band currently. Our drummer is somewhat of a music buff with Grade 6 theory and our guitarist has started taking theory lessons aswell to improve himself. I thought it a good idea and have taken them to and am half way through my Grade 2. Is it worth me taking them as i cant see how they would really help me in the long run and is it just worth going to a bass teacher and they just teaching me whats needed about my instrument in particular? Advice would be much appreciated.
If you learn Theory you will know more about your instrument.

How is this a worthless thing if you love music and your bass?
e -------15^1-
b ----13-------
g -14----------
Quote by jshep100
Is it worth me taking them as i cant see how they would really help me in the long run and is it just worth going to a bass teacher and they just teaching me whats needed about my instrument in particular?

It's definitely worth it, you can write music much easier, relate to your bandmates easier, compose better, improv better, everything.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
agreed i was mozarts house last night playing cards, drinking ocean spray cranberry juice and eatin caltine crackers, he got me up to to level 7 theory, and that was the just the beginning. Bach came over and starting throwing eggs at the window.