OK, instead of everyone saying, "Oh didn't they do well at Eurovision, I'd like to open up a proper Lordi thread. I consider them power metal but apparently that aint true metal so I decided to put it in here. Feel free to move it if you feel the need to.

All Lordi stuff here.

To start it off, in actual video to Hard Rock Hallelujah, am I the only one who thinks the girl is pretty hot?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3hFOXeB4fU&search=lordi
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
oh dearrr

i thought they were funny to start with

but now they're going to be everywhere,

eeeeek
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
^ They're even appearing on Lauren Laverne's XFM Breakfast show soon I believe.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I don't like all that Scandinavian Metal like Nightwish.
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
*cringe*

Wow, that's cheesy. Sorry, first I've heard of them, but a mate had Lordi as his MSN screen name, so I thought I'd check this out.

That's really **** if you ask me, how did they do at Eurovision?
It's cheesy...

In a way it reminds me of GWAR.

But I do like their songs. I like them more than Dragonforce, for sure.
Buddy showed me a pic of them unmasked and said there's 3 Children of Bodom members in Lordi. True?
they're playing manchester academy in 5 days.

somehow tickets come out tomorrow.

talk about making some quick bucks.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
song reminds me of poison - Alice Cooper for some reason.
Good Charlotte sounds like...uh...they sound like...um...well, they taste like a popsicle stick thats been shoved up someones ass -Eddie Vedder

REMEMBER DISCO: All stupid fads go away with time. STOP COMPLAINING
Quote by Glen_Hansard
I don't like all that Scandinavian Metal like Nightwish.
yeah, because ALL Scandinavian metal sounds like Nightwish.
you mean you dont like operatic metal. Lordi sound nothing like that, nor do 90% of the bands i can name from Scandinavia. try not to generalise so much, you only end up looking ignorant.

i dont know why people keep referring to Lordi as a metal band anyway, they're shock rock (israels son: might have something to do with why they remind you of Alice Cooper). bar one or two moments, there's nothing metal about them. and whoever referred to them as power metal is more ignorant than Glen_Hansard.

Quote by SGRocker0791
Buddy showed me a pic of them unmasked and said there's 3 Children of Bodom members in Lordi. True?
no, thats bull****.
Last edited by Alucard II at May 26, 2006,
lordi kick ****ing ass
got 3 albums of them, hehe
alot of the songs sounds quite alike but i like the ****
yeah, got "whos your daddy" in my head now, cant get it out,
play from the soul and get wild, drunk and have fun,
thats all folks
How can people call them "Power Metal"????

Dragon Force are Power Metal, Lordi are a commercial fad however....they have shown that people do appreciate rock anthems far more than a cheesy pop song and therefore deserve alittle respect!!
Lyrics, Wasted Time between solos!!

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG 470
Tanglewood Acoustic
Fender Standard Strat
Line 6 Flextone II
Boss GT6
Jim Dunlop Wah
Quote by SGRocker0791

No. The Daily Mail did that as a scam. It isn't true.

Extract from Lordi's Wiki page:

On May 22, 2006, the Daily Mail published what was believed to be an old picture of the band without their makeup or masks. It was later revealed that the band in the photo was actually Children of Bodom, a different band altogether. This was acknowledged on Children of Bodom's official website.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I thought it was cool that Lordi won Eurovision because I couldn't stand any of the pop songs the other contestants performed. Orc metal isn't quite my thing though.
My mind is not for sale or rent to any god or government. (Seen on a bumper sticker)

My Flickr album, updated as the free account upload quota permits.
Quote by alliwant

To start it off, in actual video to Hard Rock Hallelujah, am I the only one who thinks the girl is pretty hot?

I agree she is quite hot isnt she. I would also like to say the following, the devil is a loser and hes my bitch. That is all.
Quote by darthbuttchin
I agree she is quite hot isnt she. I would also like to say the following, the devil is a loser and hes my bitch. That is all.

^ i agree she's quite nice, plus that song is the ****ing nuts, the devil is my bitch i think it is brilliant it put me in stiches plus i think, musicaly they are pretty good, they write simple but catchy songs that just attract you, they kinda remind me of paul gilbert in the ways of pop rock writing, just with out the crazy alternative picking (and Senor Pablo Gilberto has written some pretty cheesy **** in his time, but still very tasteful). but yea, good luck to them i say, we need somthing different in the rock section, plus they don't sound so ****ing depressing like all theses other bands you hear on mtv or the other music channels
Quote by Holy Katana
God created man before creating woman, because you need a rough draft before you create a masterpiece.

Member #4 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM altronataku or apocalypse13 to join.
I respect them for being catchy. All metal groups are cheesy, get over it. I can't listen to Iron Maiden without cracking up.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
true, and maiden are pretty cheesy even if they are metal gods
Quote by Holy Katana
God created man before creating woman, because you need a rough draft before you create a masterpiece.

Member #4 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM altronataku or apocalypse13 to join.
Quote by quinny1089
that song they sounded like it coulda bin a bon jovi song....

'nuff said

Yeah, I've been saying that since Eurovision... although, more often I'd compare them to Def Leppard. Give em some credit. It's the breakdown that does it though... very definitely.
www.myspace.com/stcircusthemighty

Check it out. If you like what you hear, friend me.

Quote by Rikifield
Nice acoustic man! And your voice is melting with the acoustic sound...