Sometimes no guitar is good. what bands/songs that are without guitar but good.

I like Sigur Ros, Radioheads guitarless work, some Muse songs, some electro-jazz based stuff.
^ Er, Sigur Ros are a guitar band. Their singer uses a violin bow on it and all other sorts of silly stuff, like singing into the pickups. No, I don't know how it works either.
Muse and Sigur Ros used guitars last time I checked. And you'll be surprised with Radiohead, songs like Idioteque and The Gloaming have guitars in them live.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
some keane songs are alright i guess
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
^ I was thinking the new track was alright when I heard the first minute of it the other day, with the cool synth sounds and everything, then it suddenly went as bad as the stuff off their last album. I'd still love to hear what they sounded like when they had the guitar.

Check out The Moog Cookbook. Greatest synth cover band ever.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by Draken
some electro-jazz based stuff.

Only just noticed this bit. Have you heard any Squarepusher, because if you like electro jazz, you'll love Hard Normal Daddy, his second album. Not to mention that he's also the best bassist I've ever seen by a mile.
Quote by Tombe
Muse use guitars last time I checked

*cough*SpaceDementia, Butterflies And Hurricanes(Album version), Piano Thing, Screenager, Suburn(some live versions), Megalomania, Apocalypse Please, Ruled By Secrecy, Endlessly, Feeling Good, Con-Science, The Gallery(I think)*cought*
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
^Feeling Good had guitar on the choruses.

Wow, did I just own Nicky? In a Muse related way?

I believe I did.

:p
Because light strikes a deal with each coming night.
Quote by MattDaviesFFAF
^Feeling Good had guitar on the choruses.

Wow, did I just own Nicky? In a Muse related way?

I believe I did.

:p

That's bass. There's probably a quiet guitar overdub or something, but live it's just bass.

Owned.
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
I didn't know it was guitar in sigur ros it sounds un-guitary. oops.
Just had a listen to some square pusher.... Niiiiiiiice

Edit: hadn't heard them before
"You gonna bark all day, little doggy, or are you gonna bite?" -Mr Blonde

My dmusic site
Saxon Shore is good. Medeski, Martin & Wood too. Not too many guitarless bands leaping to mind at the moment.

Some of Elbow's stuff doesn't have guitar, I think.
You gotta check out Morphine, especially "Cure for pain".
Quote by andrewbiles
Check out The Moog Cookbook. Greatest synth cover band ever.

I second that notion.
Quote by 2xG
You gotta check out Morphine, especially "Cure for pain".

oh yes morphine are awesome
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
The Postal Service, Depeche Mode, Benny Benassi, that type of stuff. Synthpop and electronica. And modwheelmood. And Boards of Canada. And Ladytron. etc.
you tell me who's better. i think good charlote are better than the bealtes but that's only because their lyrics mean more and they are better musicians.

Member #4 of The Mars Volta fanclub. PM happytimeharry to join.
Last edited by mrFood at May 28, 2006,
Here are some MINT "bands" that you should check out:

65 days of static, µ-ziq, ventian snares, maybeshewill, autechre, aphex twin, boards of canada, squarepusher, paperface, the world's end girlfriend and four tet.

The majority is pretty chilled. Its wicked for listening to as background music when you hav those pesky exams (obviously aphex & 65DOS are just two exceptions to that!!!!)
Quote by Alpha_Centauri
Here are some MINT "bands" that you should check out:

65 days of static, µ-ziq, ventian snares, maybeshewill, autechre, aphex twin, boards of canada, squarepusher, paperface, the world's end girlfriend and four tet.

to every single one of those bands.
Last edited by galapogo at May 28, 2006,
keane are pretty good but even better although hes dead and not indie in any way i think Frank Sinatra is amazing
Am I the only one who finds Boards of Canada inutterably boring? The only tune I really like is Rue The Whirl.

Quote by mrFood
Benny Benassi

Ho ho ho.
Quote by scoob666
Am I the only one who finds Boards of Canada inutterably boring? The only tune I really like is Rue The Whirl.

You're not alone, but if you find them boring I highly recommend never listening to Eluvium - so dull.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I like a lot of jazz and blues that often don't use guitars, and pretty much any classical. In fact, i prefer classical piano or orchestral works over classical guitar, not sure why but i think it sounds much more impressive. Also, a lot of ambient/chillout stuff like Aphex Twin, Zero 7 etc. neglect to feature guitars in their work, and sound great because of it.
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile