Hey just recorded a new song, it doesn't really have a final name but will stand as slow motion for now. I created the drums in fruity loops and the rest is guitar...couldnt figure out how to make a bass line in fruity loops, so if any 1 could help i'd be very grateful. Recorded the guitar parts through my V-amp2 on to my Boss Br-532 4track, and then mixed it all in cool edit.

any way I feel this is probably the most professional sounding song i have recorded in my house, the others on my profile were done at my guitar teachers.

so check it out.....called 'Slow Motion' and is on my myspace

www.myspace.com/dannysimcox

please crit mine and i will be more than happy to crit yours, just leave me a link.

Thanks a lot. Danny
wow... thats really good! ****

P.S. Im a Danny Too!
Originally Posted by Eric 666
if I had sex with my clone...I'd have a big dick in my ass.

Quote by Final !mpact
I mean 'Really Retarded' in the nicest way possible by the way.

Member 37 Of The RHCP fanclub.
Bruce Springsteen Fan?
My Myspace
Last edited by wangmaster at May 24, 2006,
It sounds really good. The guitar melody around the middle and around 2:00 Really Nice .. but it's a shame it has not really much of good substance like that. Much of it sounds just like a chord progression played differently every time.
Quote by metallica_dan
haha it is a good name , thanks for the quick reply

what's a good name?
EDIT: nevermind that i get it now

oh wait and i saw the threat subject again.. could you critisize this one?

http://www.myspace.com/daviddmusic
The drums are done by the computer and the bass is too. The 2 guitars done by me. Somehow I wanted to limit myself to 2 guitars cuz that's the way it is live, that's why the final is so empty (without rythm guitar).
Thanks for all the quick comments people.

Quote by livefortoday

http://www.myspace.com/daviddmusic
The drums are done by the computer and the bass is too. The 2 guitars done by me. Somehow I wanted to limit myself to 2 guitars cuz that's the way it is live, that's why the final is so empty (without rythm guitar).

I like this, especially if you've only been playin a year !!!! and I like the final a lot since its kinda a contrast to the rest of it. what program did you use for the bass?........i need bass haha!!

Quote by metallica_dan
Thanks for all the quick comments people.

I like this, especially if you've only been playin a year !!!! and I like the final a lot since its kinda a contrast to the rest of it. what program did you use for the bass?........i need bass haha!!

thanks i've been playing for almost 2 years now..

i used Guitar Pro for the bass and the drums. (i'm not sure if i'm allowed to say it explicitly but if you don't have guitar pro you-know-how-you-can-get-it right? right, ok)

I made a tab of my song (i always do before i record it) there, turned off the guitars and pressed play. Then have to set the windows recording options from "microphone" or "line in" to "stereo mix". That will make the computer record anything you hear (like what comes out of its own speakers).

oh yes and for the recording itself i use Adobe Audition
Last edited by livefortoday at May 24, 2006,
Great song dude. your tone reminds me vai
great use wah
nice melody
Good job !
love it
excellent!! that some skilled soloing there!
the drums in fruity loops fits it perfectly too!
the ending could have been more dramatic though! (thats rich coming from me lol!)
hey, that was pretty good! i like the lead guitar's tone, really smooth. i like the sort of chilled atmosphere too. well done dude

crit back?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=364852

(2nd link i posted sil vous plait)
dan your a great composer! i love your stuff all of them! 10/10 great vibe and feel to them!

finally someone with tunes that i know ill go back to and listen too!

excellent!
Quote by Maxwell Bass
dan your a great composer! i love your stuff all of them! 10/10 great vibe and feel to them!

finally someone with tunes that i know ill go back to and listen too!

excellent!

wow thanks a lot!! thanks everyone for the positive comments.

Quote by fReqZz
great! some stuff u've got there.. keep up the good work.. the wax works very well.. if only the solo can be improvised a little bit more.. it's beeing to repetative.. unless u put a vox..

ok didnt get some of that.....wax? are u sayin i have nice hair haha
and yeh i think i would like to extend it and do a solo over the next verse, something to add if i ever get round to it.

thanks again
just listened, sorry it took a little while to respond,

first of all, pretty good drums, they worked, and all, nothing special though, decent lead part, again, nothing amazing, but it worked.

After that it just kinda went into chords, which was pretty cool, but not amazing or groundbreaking, nice little twangy lead thing. Good tone, too.

One thing about it is that it doesn't seem to really build to anything, it just fades from part to part. Maybe add some synth or something in the verse part to make it more interesting too. Nice harmony part near the end,
good ending too.

So, with a bit of work, you could make this pretty good, not amazing though, imo.

I tried to explain bass, but it made no sense so i deleted it, sorry i cant really help.
hey Danny, returning the crit for the other day - cheers. The levels are all over the place on my outro and I didnt really take this into account when uploading to UG as i've been used to the levels for over 6 months lol! [Btw, I also used Fruity Loops for the drums in my piece]

Anyway; Slow Motion. I like that title. very laid back sounding, but the drums are very static; look into pitch/velocity editing in Fruityloops to get them sounding less mechanic

you're the same ages as me, thought you'd be older haha. Anyway the song is a little depressive, you need to get some basslines in there. kinda reminds me of an old Gorriliaz song, wouldnt remember for the life of me which it is though.

keep it up and thanks again