this is the problem , i want to learn how I could hear the difference between notes ( for example if someones playing a note that i can say thats a A or a B )
or the difference between chords ( dim , sus , min , maj )
any tutorials?
help
IT JUST TAKES ALOT OF ****IN PRACTICE FOR **** SAKES AND ****!!!!l!! START BY LEARNING THE ****IN DIFFERENT INTERVALS AND ****, LIKE MAJOR AND MINOR 3RD'S AND **** AND ****IN EVERY OTHER ****IN INTERVAL AND ****. ONCE YOU LEARN YOUR ****IN INTERVALS, WILL BE ABLE TO RECOGNIZE CHORDS AND **** MUCH ****ING BETTER AND ****!!!! AS FAR AS BEING ABLE TO LEARN EVERY NOTE BY NAME WITHOUT A ****ING REFECENCE ****ING PITCH, ITS PRETTY ****IN MUCH IMPOSSIBLE WITH PERFECT ****ING PITCH AND ****!!!!!!
Quote by Allegro
IT JUST TAKES ALOT OF ****IN PRACTICE FOR **** SAKES AND ****!!!!l!! START BY LEARNING THE ****IN DIFFERENT INTERVALS AND ****, LIKE MAJOR AND MINOR 3RD'S AND **** AND ****IN EVERY OTHER ****IN INTERVAL AND ****. ONCE YOU LEARN YOUR ****IN INTERVALS, WILL BE ABLE TO RECOGNIZE CHORDS AND **** MUCH ****ING BETTER AND ****!!!! AS FAR AS BEING ABLE TO LEARN EVERY NOTE BY NAME WITHOUT A ****ING REFECENCE ****ING PITCH, ITS PRETTY ****IN MUCH IMPOSSIBLE WITH PERFECT ****ING PITCH AND ****!!!!!!

Amen to that.

And there are a few programs to be found on the internet with which you can train your hearing.
Quote by Allegro

Translation: It takes a lot of practice. Start by learning different intervals like major and minor thirds and then learn others. Once you've learned them you can learn the difference in chords easier. To learn to name a note without a reference pitch is pretty much impossible without perfect pitch.
Quote by Allegro

caps broken or something?
London city(with mk IV mod) 50 watt tube
Vox AD15VT
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
EH Big muff (SU )
Squier strat (customized w/ emg's and fender parts)
Ibanez acoustic (with active pu)
Ibanez 12string acoustic
www.myspace.com/tubelightband
I think that guy might've died after he typed that.
Gear:
Black Ibanez RG170
Line 6 Spider II 112
Genius Mind
Quote by Allegro

if this hurts your eyes and you didnt bother reading it like i did, let me answer your question. unless you have "perfect pitch", you can't tell what a note is just by hearing it. however, you most definitely can recognize "intervals", or the distances between two different notes, and recognize chords. basically, as you learn more songs, and especially teach yourself songs by ear, you'll pick up on them. you can also use popular songs to recognize intervals, i.e., the perfect fifth interval is the first two notes of the star wars theme, and the flatted fifth is the first two notes of the simpsons' theme. major chords sound happy, minor chords sound sad, and diminished chords sound like the theme that plays in cartoons when someone's tied to the railroad tracks and the train's coming...