I haven't decided on pickups yet so I need your opinions on this. Basically I need pickups that will be able to produce really fat, full and massive bottom end along with nice punchy mids (not to punchy thou). I really don't care about highs. Style of music is Drone/Doom metal (Sunn O))) comes to mind) with low tunings (Drop D and below). I originally had in mind EMG 60's but would like to have more choices. I should probably mention that guitar will have mahagony body...
hmm im liking Sunn O))) btw, i think they use an emg 81 in bridge, or an 85 im not quite sure but i know its one of them, yea im guessing if you have a nice tube amp and mahogany body the emg's will sound nice
Maybe BK warpig or miracle man. What amp do you have?
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
Quote by love_O_rock
Maybe BK warpig or miracle man. What amp do you have?

I'm using small Peavey 50W for home practice but when I record I go direct usually...

I was also thinking about SD Invader or Livewire Metal...any idea how these would do?
I'd go BK's tbh, but they're quite pricey so y'know...but i don't like Duncans very much and i've spent most of my life with stock pickups until i could find an aftermarket product worth the money - and BK's are it
id sig you but i have no room lol. so ill just bow down to your username

deg0ey
Member of UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
emg's wont use ur guitars body, cuz they are ACTIVE pups, if i were u id buy passive pickups,
i can suggest duncan jb, dimarzio evo, tonezone, and duncan 59 are pretty good
Quote by Noisembryo
I'm using small Peavey 50W for home practice but when I record I go direct usually...

I was also thinking about SD Invader or Livewire Metal...any idea how these would do?

IMO, The invader is way overhyped, and it sounds horribely muddy with too much bass. I haven't played the livewire metal, but everything I've heard isn't very good. Is that Peavey 50W tube? If so, an EMG 81/60 would be great for you, as they sound best in tube amps. A Bareknuckle Warpig/Miracle Man or a Nailbomb set would probably the best choice in your situation. A Swineshead X-bucker could also be great for you as it has a lot of Bass and Mids with less Treble, and is also far less than the other brands.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email